Recent content by Stimpy

1. Stimpy

New house, new well, new problems

These are the settings that I've been using since June: Mode of operation: softening Brine fill: post Program code: P7 (6 minutes backwash, 45 minutes brine, 4 minutes backwash, 3 minutes rinse) Resin capacity: 28 Pounds of salt: 8 Reserve capacity: auto Regeneration time: normal Water...
  2. Stimpy

At first I was confused about that as well, but I believe that the lab only tests for ferrous iron (the invisible kind that you can taste) and not ferric iron (the orange flakes that are visible but tasteless). So my water has very little ferrous iron, but LOTS of ferric iron. Apparently it's...
  3. Stimpy

My fear is that the orange stuff (rust / ferric iron) has fouled up the resin so badly that it can no longer remove the hardness which creates the white powder. Also, the water doesn't feel as "slippery" as it did when the softener was working. Even though the PEX coming out of the softener...
  4. Stimpy

The PEX going into the softener is very orange, the one coming out is perfectly clear. Six months ago, both the incoming and outgoing PEX pipes were very clear. I haven't seen any etching on the glasses yet, but before we installed the softener there would always be white residue at the bottom...
  5. Stimpy

Well it looks like I answered one of my own questions; six months after the fact. Last week I started seeing the same white powdery buildup at the bottom of the dishwasher that I saw before the softener was installed. It looks like the softener isn't working anymore. I believe it's still...
  6. Stimpy

So I've had the sediment filter and softener installed for a few weeks now and everything seems to be working correctly, but I still have a few questions: 1. The softener that I got based our flow rate is a 1.6 cuft (50000 grain capacity). Our hardness is 16 gpg and since it is summer we're...
  7. Stimpy

I did a quick flow test yesterday. Using one outside faucet I got 6.2 L in 15 seconds, (6.6 GPM) and using two faucets at the same time I got 9.8 L in 15 seconds (10.3 GPM). I would have needed a third bucket and a third person to do three faucets at once. I do have the user manual for the well...
  8. Stimpy

I'm moving into a brand new house with a new well and it looks like I'll need to invest in a softener and some filters. I've done a bit of research but I'm not sure if I'm on the right path. First, here are the results of the water test: pH=7.87 Arsenic (As) = 0.0014 mg/L Barium (Ba) =...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks