Recent content by Still_Waters_43

1. Still_Waters_43

Dryer Vent

Bump!, so no one has seen an electrical vent :confused:
  2. Still_Waters_43

Dryer Vent

My vent goes to the outside through my garage. I have tried several vents over the years but tossed them because of excessive lint buildup which keeps the vent flap open (till I noticed that is:rolleyes:) Anyway my current vent has a magnetic closer flap. The problem is it has a wire mesh...
  3. Still_Waters_43

Kohler Toilet Issue

I've got a plumber coming in this week as part a kitchen remodel, so I'll ask him if he can do this for me. BTW the two toilets did the double plug up again yesterday, first one filled up to the rim and so I flushed the other, it filled up to the rim too for a few seconds, then they both...
  4. Still_Waters_43

Kohler Toilet Issue

Thanks for the recommendation. What worries me though is if it's not blocked when they come out, how do they know where to look, or how do I know they fixed anything. Do plumbers have video now as that would confirm if there was a partial blockage right?.
  5. Still_Waters_43

Kohler Toilet Issue

My second floor has two bathrooms side by side. The arrangement is sink, toilet, bathtub, separating wall, then bathtub, toilet, sink. The toilets get plugged once in awhile (especially when there is a big load:-) and twice both toilets got plugged at the same time, when I plunged one out, the...
  6. Still_Waters_43

Toilets Plugging Up

What to do next? What would you recommend at this time given that the toilets appear to be working now. I guess I am asking if there is antthing a plumber can do today, to prevent this from happening again. :confused:
  7. Still_Waters_43

Toilets Plugging Up

Double Whammy Today My saga continues with these dang toilets and I would like your opinion on this situation. Friday morning I tried to flush a small dump and the toilet filled up and wouldn't go down. So I got the plunger and started pumping, but it just wouldn't go down. I decided to...
  8. Still_Waters_43

Installing Clothes Washer/Dryer in Basement

Thanks Cass, one other option I could have is the following, there are side of the house intake & also vent for my furnace. Would it be in code if I tie into the furnace vent?
  9. Still_Waters_43

Where to exit vent My setup is like the 3rd diagram in Terry's post #2. So I will have the sump basin, then a laundry tub and then the washer (which will drain into the sink). My ? is the vent, can I exit out the side of the house (and if so would that normally meet code)??? :confused:
  10. Still_Waters_43

Quote: You need a "vent" in the sump just to admit the water from the washing machine, and that should run to near the ceiling of the room where it is installed. :confused: After it reaches the ceiling where does it go then?
  11. Still_Waters_43

My problem is that there is no availible vent pipe to tie into. I am right beside a wall that already has a vent & intake for my furnace. So, could I tie into the furnace vent or maybe run a separate vent thru the wall? :confused:
  12. Still_Waters_43

On checking out the various hookups I have the gas, water and drain figured out, but from the drawings of the drain sump pumps it seems that I also have to hook up a vent. As there were no plumbing fixtures in my basement there are no vent pipes where I can tie into. Could someone tell me...
  13. Still_Waters_43

Toilets Plugging Up

Thanks Gary_Swart you hit the nail right on the head. Also, I would add the non-professional gets even more frustrated when we are disapointed by the failure of a single use device!
  14. Still_Waters_43

Toilets Plugging Up

Thanks for the really good feedback, I really appreciated the quick and informative responses. :) However, as to the snide comments tucked into the relies (my take below): Quote: "inexpensive" If I was looking for an inexpensive toilet I wouldn't have bought a Kohler Quote...
  15. Still_Waters_43

Toilets Plugging Up

Oh crap!... and I mean that no pun intended :mad: Any possibility that Flushmate might develop a retrofit kit? as it seems to be what I am looking for.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks