Recent content by Stick M

1. Stick M

One well & Tank to serve two houses vertically separated

Bannerman, Thank you for your reply, but there is no direct water service for either house. This is about sharing water from a pump in a remote reservoir feed by a public water system meter. My house is 190 feet above the pump. The undeveloped property is 30 to 50 feet lower and I'm concerned...
  2. Stick M

Jeff, thanks for the reply but you have misunderstood the situation. When someone builds on the lot, he has some right to share water in the long and vertical private line. It could be as simple as a normal straight pipe off the 2" "main" or I could require (as per the original commitment) a...
  3. Stick M

Hmmm. I had abandoned that idea because it would isolate the pressure switch from a pressure drop caused solely by the lower house, but I could relocate my pressure switch to the supply side of the check valve, conserving the storage volune of my tank for my house only. That also gives me...
  4. Stick M

First, let say that I don't think I can stop this if someone wants to build a house. I am sure that this will happen someday. I was hoping the Town would just say no. They have a 1 house , 1 meter policy. But it's a small town, not covered in Town Code, but there's a precedent in town. A sub...
  5. Stick M

I don't have a pump curve, but if I'm getting 7 gpm now, would the fact that half of the demand would be at a lower pressure actually give us each 5 gpm during concurrent use? Sounds like I'll need to do a flow test to see if that works. On the regulator, regulate the low end or the high end?
  6. Stick M

There source water supply is municipal. My water meter (3/4 x 5/8) is at the base of the hill. A few feet away is a poly tank of unknown volume with a float valve of some sort, probably an air gap, and my 3/4 hp pump, which feeds the 1050 feet of 2" PVC. So the pump itself operates the same...
  7. Stick M

My 2/2 house's water supply system consists of a 5/8" municipal water meter, a ? gallon reservoir with a 3/4 hp submersible well pump, approximately 1050 (horizontal) feet of 2" PVC connected to an 85 gallon pressure tank (with pressure switch, set at 35/50 psi). The tank is about 190 feet...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks