Recent content by Stereo

1. Stereo

How to drain furnace effluent

Thank you, but I don't know that it's just a trickle. The pump shoots water out once the water level exceeds the float-switch limit.
  2. Stereo

I've not heard of those kinds of treatments and assume they would just get washed out. I've actually decided to repeat my previous design of pumping the effluent into a trap in the drain pipe leading to the stack but this time, I'm going to use an AAV to provide a dry vent and use a threaded...
  3. Stereo

Thanks for that caution. I'll check with the building department.
  4. Stereo

That looks like it would do the trick. Do you know if the IPC allows a basement floor drain to be wet vented? Our stack serves both a second floor and a first floor bathroom. (The first-floor bathroom is dry-vented.) I seem to recall code saying that first-floor fixtures can't be vented through...
  5. Stereo

I'm remodeling a bathroom and am having to redo all the drain lines. The effluent (pH ~5) from the 25-year-old condensing furnace was formerly pumped into a single unvented trap that was added by an ignorant do-it-yourselfer (who shall not be named :p) to a drain line downstream from other...
  6. Stereo

Ho to reduce rushing water noise

Thank you for the suggestions. I do use pressure regulators on my drip hose to drop pressure to 30 psi. What I didn’t know was that I should open the valve fully. I can’t wait to try this simple fix by trying out the regulators with valves wide open on the soaker hoses but I’ll also look into...
  7. Stereo

Ho to reduce rushing water noise

We run soaker hoses for up to an hour to water our landscape. We barely turn on the outdoor pressure to keep the flow volume low through the rubber hoses. The sound of the running water is quite loud in the house. It may chiefly be due to the noise at the outdoor spigots carrying back through...
  8. Stereo

Vent check

Wayne, thank you for the details and references. Much appreciated!
  9. Stereo

Studor recessed box - correct solvent?

I'll be using a Studor recessed box to mount an AAV to ABS pipe inside a wall. The directions say the box can be connected to either PVC or ABS using the "appropriate" solvent. Since the box is white plastic, I I am doubting that I can use ABS solvent. I called IPC who makes the valve box and...
  10. Stereo

Vent check

Yep. I need a separate vent for the downstream toilet. This video explains it well. I'm posting for anyone having the same question.
  11. Stereo

Vent check

After stewing about this, I'm wondering if the upper toilet dry vent really can serve as a vent for the lower toilet. There's that statement from the ICC that's bugging me: "Keep in mind that any additional fixtures outside of the [horizontal] wet vent that are to be drained into the same branch...
  12. Stereo

Vent check

Thank you, Wayne! I appreciate the thorough explanation. You saved me some work.
  13. Stereo

Vent check

Maybe not. I just came across this: "Keep in mind that any additional fixtures outside of the [horizontal] wet vent that are to be drained into the same branch must be connected to the branch downstream of the wet vent."...
  14. Stereo

Vent check

I'm a little iffy on the venting of the toilets in a back-to-back 3/4 bath rebuild because of the combination of vertical and horizontal attachments to a horizontal drain line. The photo shows a VERY simplistic drawing of the layout. I have two toilets entering the horizontal drain horizontally...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks