Recent content by stella dubois

1. stella dubois

Seeking advice for water softener settings...and more- oh there's always more

Hahaha- on the snake water (!) & thnx dittto for recommending mialynette. Spoke to him & he also told me that the snake salt could add bacteria. He's a nice guy. Sorry about the confusion earlier: I thought that comment about being able to read water might be funny. & now the injector...
  2. stella dubois

Oh dear mikey- while you were responding I typed out all those results from my h20 test. Haha- & typed on cell fone... pita to say the least. So happy that you also saw that hang up on the tests... you got me out of a kafka moment. Yea, reading water? I could understand if he was smelling...
  3. stella dubois

Hay again. I'm asking about settings for the clack tc model. 1 person household The system is existing & was installed for a family of 5. I don't know what's in the resin tank but the (clack) tag says : 10 x 54 Test results for well h20 (in mg/L): Coliform: absent Aluminum: ND...
  4. stella dubois

Yes, a good resource mikey- for many things. Its that I already have lab results - which my RO guy arranged. Hardness: 550 mg/L. / 17.1 = 32.16 Isn't that the calc? these results were valid enough for me. But- we seem to be hung up on this point & I don't understand why? Am I...
  5. stella dubois

Hay mikey. I considered that but... would that result be any more valid or reliable than the results that I already got from the folks at : national testing labs? Can anyone here verify or tell me if they do or do not trust the results from this outfit? Otherwise I feel like I'm playing...
  6. stella dubois

Ok, did the hach test w/ well water. As I understand it , but I could be wrong on this, the test range for the hach is from 0-30 gpg & my lab results state my hardness is 550/ 17.1 = 32.16 (which i'd decided to round up to 32.5) So I'm thinking the hach won't be too reliable for my well water...
  7. stella dubois

I found the hard copy of my water tests (samples taken from well head) and mailed to national testing laboratories- would these be valid results? These are the results at top of my original post. & just 1 person. & ditttohead many thnx for evidence you've provided to support my belief that...
  8. stella dubois

Thnx again. Just to be clear, I don't have a metered head on hand to install. Additionally I was already rather put off by clack's anti-dyi-internet sales bit & now lean even further away from clack. So if I need to buy another head I'll be thinking fleck. & I spent time trying to learn...
  9. stella dubois

Thnx for responding. System programmed to regen tomorrow. Just tested w/ hach b & still good. So settings w/ 14 day regen seem ok, altho I'm not sure if 2nd backwash is needed-while I still have the tc model. I paid $1800 for well + areator pump + softener head, which includes service &...
  10. stella dubois

Thnx for your response ditttohead. I'm replying from cell fone & will use recipe language, etc. Still have clack ws 3 button valve (tc model). Looking for local water peeps. Should I ask other fellow to replace head ? I drink ro water- sodium is quite high in well h20, which is flowing...
  11. stella dubois

first off ... i am in no way a real handy man... my interests lean toward the humanities. i've spent some time reading this board and many thanks for the little i know. 10 x 54 resin tank 1 person you folks may want more particulars on pipes, etc - please ask & i'll do my best...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks