Recent content by Steam

1. Steam

Most reliable setup for whole house booster pump

I’ve decided on using a submersible due to how loud the j15s is I would use instead. Does anyone have thoughts on the Goulds 10gs10? It will be supplying a home with 60psi (ideally) pressure, around 339 TDH, with somewhere around 10-15 peak use gpm. I’d also still like to use a psidekick...
  2. Steam

Input on whole home RO system from shallow well.

Wow, that seems like really high hardness. The recommended maximum for our system is 60, so at half that I’m unsure if the softener is needed, which is why we may wait until the first filter change. The RO system we’re looking at is between 2-3,100, depending on who we go with. Single or dual...
  3. Steam

Hi Valveman, thank you for the reply. Do you have a brand/model you like for booster pumps?
  4. Steam

Hi Dittohead and Otto Mation, thank you for the reply. The thought process for the softener pre-RO is to help prevent scaling and prolong membrane life in the RO, as they’re pretty expensive. I’ve gone back and forth on whether or not to include it, and may decide to wait until the first...
  5. Steam

Good afternoon, I am currently designing a whole home filtration system to supply water from a freshly dug well to my home. I’m looking for input and advice on what I have come up with so far, and was pointed to this sub forum for the system critiques. My other thread regarding which pump...
  6. Steam

Okay, I’ll add a post there as well, thank you for the suggestion. The well pump should be triggered via pressure switch on the pump itself when the RO system is turned on via the float switch in the tank. The same would happen with a regen cycle on the softener (we’re going with Clack, which...
  7. Steam

Hi Reach4, thank you for your reply. I like quieter for the submersible, as it will be near our home. I don’t think priming is going to be a problem as the pump would be directly beside the tank and the static pressure inside the tank should keep it primed (the tank will be half buried.) I...
  8. Steam

Hello all, Thank you for this amazing forum. I have been working on setting up whole home filtration for my house, and the information found here has been invaluable. I will be purchasing and installing a system on my house shortly, and could use some help in designing the booster pump system...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks