Recent content by stardog

1. stardog

Correct glue for ENT and PVC connection

Actually I gave a lot of serious thought to running two circuits (totaling six 12 AWG wires) thru one 1" conduit from the panel, but then couldn't figure out how to easily split them apart in the attic in order to direct them to two separate junction boxes. Unless you are aware of some type of...
  2. stardog

Wayne, Thanks very much for your quick response, it's the news I wanted to hear. :) I have three small electrical projects in the attic that require short runs of flexible cable from PVC conduit in order to conveniently reach the j-boxes. I've never had ocasion to use flexible tubing before...
  3. stardog

Using a standard PVC coupling I will be connecting 1/2" ENT flexible tubing to 1/2" schedule 40 PVC. I plan on using plain Oatey gray PVC solvent to do so. I presume this would be the correct solvent for this application? If not, then which solvent should I use? I need to connect the two for...
  4. stardog

PVC flexible pipe and NEC

Thanks. I plan to go that route.
  5. stardog

PVC flexible pipe and NEC

I have a short run in the attic where I plan to run PVC flexible pipe. I have 1" solid PVC conduit running from the panel box into the soffit, but due to the steep roof angle I am unable to continue the solid conduit to the nearby jbox, a distance of maybe 18". To protect the exposed THWN 12...
  6. stardog

Romex ground wire question

Thanks for the response. I presumed as much, just wanted to ensure I would be code compliant by connecting all the grounds.
  7. stardog

Removing items from a circuit

A light, light switch, and outlet in our second bath is on the same 15 amp circuit that includes ceiling lights and several other outlets in two adjacent rooms. What is the best way to remove the bath electrical items from this circuit, but yet ensure that everything else remains properly...
  8. stardog

Cutting power to a subpanel

Just a very general question for information purposes. I had a 100 amp subpanel installed to our detached garage a couple of years ago. To cut off all power to the subpanel in order to replace or add a circuit breaker, is it best to flip the main breaker in the main service panel at the house...
  9. stardog

Insulation in shower

Tks. Installing the foamboard against the interior side of the outside wall, and between the studs, makes sense. And would be much easier and less messy, in my opinion, than using any other method. It would serve to keep the space between the studs as dry as possible. I suppose I could also...
  10. stardog

Insulation in shower

I do not mean to sound trite, but can you clarify your definition of inside/outside? By outside, do you mean between the backside of the brick veneer and the side of the studs that face outside? And if this is correct, are you recommending the foam board be placed between the stud openings and...
  11. stardog

Insulation in shower

I have a small shower, approx 3'x5', that I plan on redoing. Basically tearing out the walls and installing new backerboard, and then Redguarding everything and installing new ceramic tile. Two sides of the shower are on exterior walls, and the exterior wall is brick veneer. My question is...
  12. stardog

How to separate connected light fixtures

Our house was built in 1960. There is one single pole switch in the kitchen that controls two fixtures: the main ceiling light/fan combo, and also a pendant light over the kitchen sink. Flipping the switch turns both lights on and off. I want to separate the pendant light from the main...
  13. stardog

Using THWN inside conduit

Thanks. I forgot about the required upgrading when making modifications, so yes, it will be 20 amp AFCI breaker with a standard GFCI at the first receptacle. And since I'll be using THWN inside conduit, the conduit will be run from the side of the panel to avoid water seeping in. It will be a...
  14. stardog

Using THWN inside conduit

Our electrical panel box is installed on the exterior brick veneer wall of our house. I am having our electrician add an extra 20 amp branch circuit to the panel to feed 3 new receptacles in the kitchen area, the first of which will be GFCI-AFI protected, which in turn will protect the other...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks