Recent content by stanleyj

1. stanleyj

Do I need to use a dielectric nipple

Thank you It seems to be an interesting subject. A search on the web shows a split between the people that use them and the people that don't. A local plumber in my area says he does not bother with the nipples. He says his experience has shown that the tank goes bad before the fitting leaks. I...
  2. stanleyj

Keep the nipples OK, thanks
  3. stanleyj

I have just installed a AO smith gas water heater. All my water lines are 3/4 inch copper. The Tank came with 2 dielectric close nipples with no mention in the installation instructions. My old tank of 15 years had the copper 3/4 male fitting screwed directly into the top of the tank with no...
  4. stanleyj

Water heater pilot goes out when furnace starts

Gas pressure too low? We just went through my neighbor hood with a similar problem. The gas company found water in out lines that caused "LOW" pressure. No one could run the furnace and water heater together until they resolved the problem by removing the water
  5. stanleyj

Should the anode rod be removed from a hot water tank?

My neighbor says his water treatment person ( culligan) removed the anode from his tank. We are both on well water with a water treatment system that includes a clorine holding tank, sand filter, charcol filter and finally a water softerner. I know softened water kills the anode, but I never...
  6. stanleyj

Are there any gas hot water tanks you would not buy?

Down to 2 - Rudd or AO Smith My company has accounts with distributors so I'm down to 2 choices. Rudd and AO Smith. The Rudd is 50$ more. They are both the basic 6 year product. Any Rudd or AO stories?
  7. stanleyj

Thanks Looks like the mfg make does not matter. Thanks again
  8. stanleyj

1) I live in the Buffalo NY area. My choice of hot water heaters is somwhat limited to : Home depot - ge, sears - kenmore - , and local plumbing stores that have mor-flo (amearican premier) and AO smith. The plumbing stores only have 6 year warranty heaters where sears and home depot offer...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks