Recent content by Stackz

1. Stackz

Well head is leaking pressure

if the house doesnt go into a bidding war and the offer on the house stipulates "fix the sprinkler system and the rear two hose bibs" then I'll tie the rear two hose bibs into the well (they were originally, right now just running off the one I added when I added the jet pump) and then I will...
  2. Stackz

ok, for whatever reason I guess everyone is hung up thinking the pressure leak as at the elbow and I guess I didnt explain it correctly lol. Its not. its at the well head rubber seal up against the black drop pipe itself. not the elbow. I can physically move the pipe up and down in the well...
  3. Stackz

welp...I guess the foot valve must be leaking...even with the 1/2" blue plug taken out, it still hissed and leaked down until the pump would kick back on for a quick second to bring the pressure back up. its interesting that the pressure drop occurs after the pump on that pressure gauge...while...
  4. Stackz

exactly what I was hoping to hear. so if it all works out good, what do I do about the open hole on the wellhead? just jam a piece of wire mesh over it or something so trash doesnt get in? I'm just going to pull off the blue plug real quick and see what happens. hopefully I dont get a face...
  5. Stackz

here's what the whole system looks like per the above referenced thread: I'm thinking about just adding a check valve before the pump so it doesnt lose prime. water sat in the well head for 8 years before I hooked this up this past month.
  6. Stackz

The only thing that leaks is the air hissing at the well head opening as stated. If the foot valve is leaking then I'm just going to leave it alone.
  7. Stackz

hmm ok, looked them up, looks like I'll have to still loosen the well head and rotate it some so it will fit. hopefully lowes has one.
  8. Stackz

what do they look like? I have no clue. also, will this stop the pump from momentarily turning on once per minute when sitting idle?
  9. Stackz

its leaking at the top of the blue surface at where the black pipe goes. I really should have taken a pic after I lifted up on the elbow so you would have that "aha" reaction. if you look at the pic closely, you will see that the clamp is holding the black pipe to the gray elbow. this is all...
  10. Stackz

ok. so here's the last thread: https://terrylove.com/forums/index.php?threads/help-with-a-1hp-jet-pump-cycling-on-a-shallow-well.94140/page-3 going to list on friday and I "think" I can rig it up to hold pressure but anyway... I just figured it would cycle the pump because I was still only...
  11. Stackz

Help with a 1hp jet pump cycling on a shallow well

took me a day to wrap my brain around that lol. yeah, thats a drain pipe into the sewer at the front of the property. if you look back at my pics you will see the old cast iron sink that was there that I ripped out of the way for access. then I capped that portion of the drain line. on the...
  12. Stackz

I look at all the customer pics and I'm like...man, they have the best lowes ever. it actually stocks stuff in 1-1/4" its amazing. so yeah, after about 3 trips to my local lowes on james island (which is tiny and sucks) I bit the bullet and went across the drawbridge to the big local one and...
  13. Stackz

Ok, I got the valve yesterday. I understand the reason for all the screws holding it together but is the red ring supposed to be loose? Do I just leave it as-is or hand tighten it? I know it's like that to help service the valve in the future/or assembly purposes but just want to make sure...
  14. Stackz

yup, all three of those make sense to me now. well, #3 looks weird by choking down after everything else and all...and whatever that random rubber line is... I just dont get why many pump companies put the pressure switch on the head itself if it just messes with everything...but oh well...
  15. Stackz

I dont understand why most places have the pressure switch mounted to the pump housing (head pressure) if that pretty much isnt right. its weird to me.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks