Recent content by StaceyNeil

1. StaceyNeil

Oh, dear. Where can I find a European-size faucet aerator???

Oh, no, really? It definitely can't be drilled and tapped to take a 13/16... the 13/16 I got to try is waaaay too big. And the end piece does not unscrew.
  2. StaceyNeil

Photos Thanks, Terry. Here are photos of the faucet in question:
  3. StaceyNeil

I just installed a lovely faucet at my pantry bar sink. It was a display model faucet, brand unknown but it's European-sized (had to get weird-sized metric supply lines for it.) I cannot find an aerator to fit it, and it sprays wildly without one :( The smallest size my local hardware store...
  4. StaceyNeil

Do I need expansion tank on domestic side of new HW heater?

(Hi, I also posted this on the HW heater forum, but this one is so much more active... and I need to make this decision right away... I hope it's OK to cross post like this!) We currently have an electric hot water heater installed in our domestic HW system. We are changing to an Amtrol...
  5. StaceyNeil

Changing hot water heater today: ... do I need expansion tank on domestic side?

We currently have an electric hot water heater installed in our domestic HW system. We are changing to an Amtrol CH41BZ. The instructions for the Amtrol call for an expansion tank to be put into the cold water supply line. Our current electric HW heater does not have one installed and we have no...
  6. StaceyNeil

New shower... brown water!!! All copper and pex; what could the problem be?

Hmmm. So you actually think it could be the hot water heater even though NO other fixtures in the house are affected? How could that be?
  7. StaceyNeil

arfeller, thanks.... We didn't drain the HW heater, but if it was that, wouldn't we see the same brown water coming out of the newly installed lav faucet as well? it's ONLY from the shower/tub. And we do see the rust inside the tub valve....
  8. StaceyNeil

Update: when looking into the valve body, behind where the balancing spool goes, there are rust spots (see pic). DH put a piece of green scotchbrite on needlenose pliers and can clean them off, but obviously he can't get everywhere. He's flushing it all out now, and Moen is sending us a new...
  9. StaceyNeil

Thanks... We can see all of the supply lines through either the access panel or up through the basement, no screws. We've pulled apart the valve and there is significant rust in the "balancing spool" part.. we're rinsing it out and will pull the main cartridge to check it as well. The Moen tech...
  10. StaceyNeil

HI, thanks for the reply. My DH is a marine plumber and he did the installation. He did not use any mild steel anywhere he's aware of... he's super conscientious about that stuff coming from the marine industry..... just PEX, copper and brass as described. We've been going over and over all the...
  11. StaceyNeil

We just replaced the tub/shower in a full bathroom renovation. Original supply lines were copper, and we never had this problem before. Supply lines were cut and redone with pex. Elbows are brass NPT/pex fittings. The shower nipple is brass; tub spout tube is copper. The new valve is a Moentrol...
  12. StaceyNeil

How can I add a basement utility sink what will be below the main sewer discharge?

Interesting... but I could not find them for sale anyplace on line to check pricing! In any case, you guys have given me some great ideas, thank you. Now I just have to finish the major bathroom renovation and find time for yet another project! (DH isn't the one having to try to wash dirty...
  13. StaceyNeil

How can I add a basement utility sink what will be below the main sewer discharge?

Another quick question... would the 404 model work OK? It is a third less cost!
  14. StaceyNeil

Thanks, guys! Yes, it certainly would be easier not to have to jackhammer the concrete floor :) I am going to see if I can get one of the ones you recommended locally. Thanks a lot! STacey
  15. StaceyNeil

Thank you! Would something like this work? Little Giant Sewage Pump System 4/10 HP sewage pump, 80gpm @ 5'
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks