Recent content by ST1300Rider

1. ST1300Rider

Where to find Magnesium Anodes for 50 Gal Gas GE/Rheem? Model PG50T9A....Thanks!

Or this one? http://fierychill.com/rheem-ap11345c-anode-rod-0-840-in-diameter-x-44-3-16-in-long-magnesium 2 inch longer and 40 dollars less?
  2. ST1300Rider

Where to find Magnesium Anodes for 50 Gal Gas GE/Rheem? Model PG50T9A....Thanks!

Hackney... Ifound this one for 1/3 the cost and it is a Rheem magnesium 44" from the same company for 20 bucks..... http://fierychill.com/magnesium-anode-rod-44-in-x-0-840-in-diameter-rheem-sp11524c What's the diff except 403 dollars? Thanks!
  3. ST1300Rider

Hackney.... Thanks man! As usual...you always come through with the info! Hope I can break the 12 yr old anode loose!
  4. ST1300Rider

I've checked all over the net and can't find a 42" Magnesium Anode for a 12 yr old GE Profile (Rheem) 50 Gallon Gas WH. I am looking for a 42" that will fit GE/Rheem 50 Gallon Gas Tall built in 2000.... Can anyone point me to a website. All I have seen are some "Reliance" brands that...
  5. ST1300Rider

Canted Control Valve on new GE water heater from HD...Buy it or not?

It's vertical-it's bent left tp right.... The Valve is vertical in that is not tilted up of down. It is bent laterally(not screwed perpindicular/bent) to the tank-thus thats what I mean bent to the left when looking down the tank from top to bottom on the front. side, OK in...
  6. ST1300Rider

Hackney..... Here is the exact Robertshaw valve..... http://www.drillspot.com/products/79663/Robertshaw_110-202_Water_Heater_Control Wow...that shank penetrates into the tank for the thermostat...How could it been canted so far? I'm very worried about this now. Looks like a leak if it's...
  7. ST1300Rider

Thanks for all your replies....! Although the control screws into the tank-does it permeate through the tank to the inside lining? The other WH that was crushed on top had the control knob knocked off. This unit looked perfect except for a slight cant on the control valve. The valve was not...
  8. ST1300Rider

I bought a HD GE 50 gal gas 9yr online and went to get it at HD since HD's GE/Rheem is phasing out the old mechanical(Unitrol type) w/piezo and I want to get one w/o the Honeywell ICON's that are set to arrive next week. I went to pick up my WH today and noticed the "old school" temp valve(...
  9. ST1300Rider

Bradford White get HORRIFIC reviews vs. Rheem? What?

Yes that would be Rheems 42VR50...Badged as the GE SG50T12AVG... All this FVIR, Tank leaks and TRD talk...I'll pay HD the 99 bucks for the lifetime ( years 2-12) complete labor/parts/replacement warranty. Sounds like I'd spend over 99 bucks in the 2nd year with a FVIR/TRD failure. That 100...
  10. ST1300Rider

Two tanks leaking in two weeks...Sure it's not the plumber as what are the odds two Rheems leak in two weeks? Hackney mentioned BW is having tank and valve probs(ICON)-so the top two MFGS are selling crap now...wow...Makes the decision process difficult when the top two brands are having...
  11. ST1300Rider

Point taken....Does that void the warranty? But that will void the warranty. Thanks.... BTW...My plastic valve is plugged when wide open - so it is a big deal going forward.....I am going to use a washer fill hose connected to a hose and blast the sediment back.
  12. ST1300Rider

Master Plumber Mark.... We posted at the same time..... Big dilemma here...I can get the GE (Rheem 2250VF1?)) 6 yr for 429 or the 9Yr for 549.....Both have plastic Drains-you have to go 12 yr to get the brass. Do you see a big quality diff between the 6/9/12 rebadged Rheems-or are they all...
  13. ST1300Rider

Thanks HJ! "I have seen MANY "big box" products with defects that would never have passed a good "final inspection" so the implication is that they never had a "final inspection". My current 10-11 year old heater is a GE 9yr (Rheem)-no problems. Twas curious as to your statement about big...
  14. ST1300Rider

Perhaps this Laing would work in the MBR under the sink? http://www.hvacquick.com/catalog_files/Laing_AutoCirc_ECM_IOM.pdf
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks