Recent content by SRB

1. SRB

Flush Valve to outlet seal leak - 1927 Palmer-Mullen toilet - Part 1

I looked at that Douglas valve. It looks like something is missing; the part that starts and stops the water flow? Thanks
  2. SRB

Thank you to Peterson and BECplumbing for your recommendations and insight. Why does the tank need to be removed? Actually, the heads of the screws or bolts holding it to the wall have mostly rusted away, so shouldn't be too hard to remove.
  3. SRB

Part 2 - The Toilet is hard plumbed to the wall I would like to be able to shut the water off just to the toilet to work on the seal problem, but the toilet is hard plumbed to the wall with no shut off. It looks like bronze pipes. The connections are almost 100 years old, so could be fragile...
  4. SRB

An old, but working, toilet is leaking on the underside of the tank at the flush valve outlet. See pics. part of leaking area circled in yellow. I can't tell if the seal/gasket is age hardened rubber or metal. Anyone know where to get a replacement seal? Replacement looks like: Remove tank to...
  5. SRB

Alpine 210 soft lockout code 11

Thanks to nonononenone for the lead. I was hesitant to have a tech come out and start whack a mole parts replacement. Boiler still has code 11s come up, but they always resolve themselves.
  6. SRB

Than you
  7. SRB

Update. A couple hours after I last checked, the boiler is back working again and heating the house. So it resolved the soft lockout itself. It does seem though that something must be wrong. Ideas? Thank you
  8. SRB

Hello Visiting my parents house. Burnham Alpine 210 Installed 2014. Has operated apparently trouble free. Yesterday I noticed the house getting cool. I went to the basement to see what was going on. Alpine display was flashing red. I went through screens and found soft lockout code 11...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks