Recent content by Spyder

1. Spyder

Electrical Smell from AO Smith GDHE-50 Powered Vent

Also I have the water heater set to 120 degrees and the differential defaults to 8 degrees. What should the differential be set to? I assume that is the point when the water heater starts up or shuts off? Plus or minus 8 degrees?
  2. Spyder

Ok I'll get some of that and put it around the plate. Yes I had a softener put in when we moved in. The one that came with the house was not working.
  3. Spyder

Kitchen sink not draining

My sink was backed up like yours but I have a vent under my sink. I snaked it 20' and nothing. Traced the line to the basement and snaked it another 20' from the clean out. Hit something where the pipe makes a few turns to dump in to the larger pipe. Felt like I just popped a hole in it with the...
  4. Spyder

Found this site with a search. I bought a house with the AO Smith GDHE-50 gas water heater. When first looking at the heater it seems like a pretty advanced unit. We have had no trouble till a week ago. I noticed some water on the floor. The water heater is 8 years old and out of the 6 year...
  5. Spyder

AO Smith Vertex GPH, Customer Satisfaction & Repair History

Found this site with a search. I bought a house with the AO Smith GDHE-50 water heater. When first looking at the heater it seems like a pretty advanced unit. We have had no trouble till a week ago. I noticed some water on the floor. The water heater is 8 years old and out of warranty. I started...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks