Recent content by Spunger1

1. Spunger1

Aquia II slight rocking, how to shim?

Hey guys, Got this toilet almost installed and noticed a slight rock. I have both plumbing shims and the plastic wood shims that are suggested on this site. The problem is my toilet rocks enough to rock, but not enough to get a shim under it as they seem to be too thick. I'm guessing my...
  2. Spunger1

Need major help with Delta 3 way diverter and 3 way cartridge

This is the valve that is used http://www.deltafaucet.com/customersupport/documentation/r11000.html?document=mi&fromDetailArea=bath&documentIndex=0#flashWrapper I am using it with this cartridge http://www.deltafaucet.com/bath/details/t11853.html In both sets of instructions it states...
  3. Spunger1

Need major help with Delta 3 way diverter and 3 way cartridge

Hey guys, I have a Delta 3 way shower diverter and the cartridge that goes with it. I just ran into a HUGE problem and it's not funny!!! Our bathroom is almost done from a remodel, so I went ahead and figured I'd install the cartridges. While I think the hot/cold are plumed right (I have no...
  4. Spunger1

Need help on new vanity install, metal to PVC help needed

I plan on using slip joints for everything. The only thing I plan on gluing is the pipes to the threaded and press fit pieces to create the wall stub out. Otherwise it's all slip joints. I did buy some goop. It said it was safe for plastics and was at Home Depot so I think it should be...
  5. Spunger1

I have to be at a computer to upload them so tonight I'll do that. It was screwed into a T fitting that tied into another drain. I had to use a 24" pipe wrench and then picks and wire brushes to clean the threads all up. I got the correct threaded fitting to go into that T. I just now have to...
  6. Spunger1

So update. I tied removing the pipe. I did manage to get it off but not without a lot of cursing and bigger wrenches. It was so thin it in spots had rusted through. I ended up cleaning all the threads up and I think I salvaged everything. Took lots of heat too from a mapp gas torch. I...
  7. Spunger1

So update. I tied removing the pipe. I did manage to get it off but not without a lot of cursing and bigger wrenches. It was so thin it in spots had rusted through. I ended up cleaning all the threads up and I think I salvaged everything. Took lots of heat too from a mapp gas torch. I still...
  8. Spunger1

So what I'm going to do tonight is see what pieces of the threads look like I can clean up. If it starts to crumble or seems like its not going in the right direction I'll cut open a piece of drywall back there and see what I'm looking at. I think that's sorta the next step in all of this...
  9. Spunger1

Thanks for the insight! The threads where the adapter I tried screwing on are gone in parts so I can't even get it close to threading on. That's when I gave up last night. I could barely get my sawzall under the vanity to cut the brass pipe off that was lodged inside the pipe. I was thinking...
  10. Spunger1

Are those rubber/metal fernco adapters considered a permenet fix or just to buy time?
  11. Spunger1

How difficult is removing that stub out pipe? I guess that's my main question.
  12. Spunger1

So I went ahead and cut the 90 off flush with the pipe and also cut the nut and prided it off with the screwdriver and it came off exactly as you said. I had to use pliers and a pair of vice grips to get the chunk that was left inside the pipe out. I was excited it came off ok without the use of...
  13. Spunger1

I will try this after work! Thanks again for all the help!
  14. Spunger1

So I got all the piece I need. I ran into another problem though. The nut that's holding the. 90 to the stub out is on there tight. As in I can't budge it. Any tips or tricks to get it off? I have both a dremel tool and a angle grinder. I realize if I nick the threads then I'm toast. Now. If...
  15. Spunger1

Do I just use pipe dope or Teflon tape on the threads? Also how tight does it need to be? As tight as my hands can get it or tighter?
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks