Recent content by SPSHF15

1. SPSHF15

Wireless Garbage Disposal Switch

I have seen lots of wireless garbage disposal switches available and was wondering if there anything against code to use one of these. I am adding a disposal, but do not want to have a switch in the countertop or under the sink. I thought the wireless ones would be a good alternative.
  2. SPSHF15

P-trap too low for drain pipe

Thanks for the suggestions. I wanted to reply with closure to this thread for anyone who might search for it. I ended up raising the santee for what I think is the best looking solution. I got lucky with the pipe being vertical in the wall. Steps: - Cut a nice wide hole in the drywall 5...
  3. SPSHF15

P-trap too low for drain pipe

Hi All, I will make a long story short and say that I had a general contractor who doesn't care to read drawing details. I ended up with the drain stub out too low for the vanity. I did some research and I believe the only answer is to pull out the vanity, cut the drywall out, and move up the...
  4. SPSHF15

Adding a Dishwasher Standpipe

Thank you all for the feedback especially on that flex section which I will remedy. I now understand I can't put the second T on the left side, but can I stack them on the right side of the loop? Even if I could put a standpipe in, I suspect the inspector might have a problem with it if he/she...
  5. SPSHF15

Adding a Dishwasher Standpipe

Hello All, I would like to NOT have an air gap installed in the kitchen island mainly for aesthetic reasons. I live in California and my local building department said that I cannot use a high loop or AAV. I have been doing some searching through the forums here and it seems that I could add a...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks