Recent content by spooner

1. spooner

moen shower valve supply question

yes, it did come with instruction of how far to place it from the face of the studs etc. It just didnt specify where the hot supply line goes, and I just wanted to make sure. Thanks a lot
  2. spooner

moen shower valve supply question

hey folks, i have a quick question .. i installed my moen shower valve with the word UP facing the ceiling. Which side does the HOT supply line connect to? I was told its always the left, but I just wanted to confirm before I connected everything. I have a shower only, no tub diverter etc...
  3. spooner

1/2" PEX supply lines to Moen Shower valve

Hey, I am trying to rough in my basement bath, and I have used PEX piping for the entire job. I am trying to install my shower valve, and was curious on what the correct way to connect PEX piping to shower valve? I purchased a Moen Shower Valve with interior threads, do i attach the PEX...
  4. spooner

Basement Bathroom Addition

yes that what i used, worked out great. I would recommend any novice who is ever thinking about soldering copper pipes to purchase fitting that already have the solder built in, so you dont have to hang on to the line of solder as you heat the fitting. Makes for a significantly cleaner and...
  5. spooner

Thanks for the replies. I went to Home Depot today and rented a Bosh Rotary Hammer with a few bits, along with chisel bits. Should attack the job tommorow. I also need to T- off some more hot and cold water lines to accomodate for the bathroom (3 hot, 4 cold). Whoever did the original plumbing...
  6. spooner

This is my first post, so Hello. I am a homeowner from Canada, and have been lurking around this forum for about 4 months. I have gained some information, and I am ready to finally add a bathroom in the basement. I do however have a few questions, so any help would be greatly appreciated. My...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks