Recent content by Splashoil

1. Splashoil

Mexican Snowbird hacks TT pumping Issue

I scrapped out my old National non condensing boiler installed in 1974 when the TT went in. With these 294 Tekmar controls I could have kept it as a backup in event of a power failure. The standing pilot could have fired it and could have delivered some heat by gravity! i will be happy to just...
  2. Splashoil

There are many ways to skin the cat. Unfortunately I made choices to be in a warmer place during the winter. That has made managing my heat more difficult. If I was home there would be lots of time to tweak and tune stuff. But down here miles away I’ve had to depend on drafted help with...
  3. Splashoil

Sometimes it pays to keep scratching. Supply House.com has a decent price for the Tekmar #294 control with fabulous feature. I found the TT AM4 module new in the box at Boston Heating. There may be enough left over to get a licensed control tech to install the two items. i‘m going to ask...
  4. Splashoil

Short Update: The Taco relay has kept the System pump working well and passes a signal to the boiler during a thermostat heat call. Unfortunately the boiler has a mind of its own! My son found the System pump running during a heat call But the boiler screen sensor report showed ~43F supply and...
  5. Splashoil

Next year there will be a wifi camera with remote access to look for these led lights!
  6. Splashoil

This is a report of a problem solved for now. I’ve been in a warm place for several months. But I had left in a hurry and failed to diagnose a balky ecm pump that accumulated magnetite over summer inaction. The Wilo eco pump apparently jammed the wet rotor and failed to start during heat...
  7. Splashoil

Temp Sensor wire and molex connector?

The system sensor is now in service! Before I wired it to the boiler I did a continuity check which passed. The boiler supply sensor still functions as a high limit sensor while the system sensor measures the delivered output downstream from my Spirovent quad separator.
  8. Splashoil

Triangle Tube Prestige Boiler Problems, Solutions & Question

I just reread your post. Did TT authorize you to install your vent and combustion air below the boiler? My manual said venting had to slope back to the boiler so that condensate could be drained through the trap assembly. Improper venting could explain some of your issues. I would fix that...
  9. Splashoil

The connector fits well. Just need the shielded wire and gel filled compression connectors to finish.
  10. Splashoil

"New" 111 year old house with boiler control issues..

Have had good luck with it on radiator bushings. But had a close call on my truck exhaust manifolds studs when I forgot I had put it on and had a small fire . Temp stick is safer when heating. I used it on a brass check valve on my big compressor tank with a six point socket and impact wrench...
  11. Splashoil

"New" 111 year old house with boiler control issues..

For what its worth, here is an old trick from a Navy veteran. Clean the nipple up well after removing the tin jacket. The jacket could be patched after the repair to avoid complete removal. Use a oxy+fuel gas torch and warm up the area around the nipple to 400F. While that is hot, use a block...
  12. Splashoil

Update: Think I found a plug/wire assembly that will work. Shipped to house for less than $6.00. Will post the information and vendor source when I confirm it will work.
  13. Splashoil

Hobby Town update: Nada on the shelf. The owner believes the right connector might be a “mini Tamiya “. That is often used with RC batteries. I’m open to cold calling to follow up on any suggestions for possible sources.
  14. Splashoil

Wilo Stratus primary boiler pump

Brief update: The Wilo pump seems to be working well. On the web you can find these discontinued pumps for ~$75! A great bargain for an ecm smart pump. I'm working on a system sensor install to let the Solo see the temp delivered past the hydraulic separator into the system manifold. The...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks