Recent content by spebby

1. spebby

Air Handler with electric heater

Background: I had an American Standard 4TEE3F65A1000AA air handler installed in Oct. 2002. It was a poor installation with lots of air leaks. My wife recently started having lung problems and I called a contractor to clean the ducts. He informed me that the ducts were duct board and could not...
  2. spebby

Best Water Softners

I agree about the Clack valve. I recently had a problem with the water softner after 8 years of working flawlessly. After some online research, I bought a new seal pack online and it took about 20 minutes to install. The water softner is like new now.
  3. spebby

Lowes Dishwasher installation

I once overheard an installer talking badly to my wife, I was working in my home office. I thought, man you have no idea what you have gotten yourself into. The wife started on him like a scalded cat, he left so quickly he forgot some of his tools.
  4. spebby

Hot water heater and code questions

I think the biggest problem in finding a qualified plumber is the fact that so many plumbers are listed in the Yellow Pages (both the good ones and the bad ones). I have no problem paying for a professional job, unfortunately, you also must pay for the unprofessional job. I can understand why...
  5. spebby

I did make a complaint with the BBB. I wasn't aware of Angies list. I realize close doesn't mean anything when it comes to meeting code, you either do or don't meet code. In this case it's not code, but it's not going to be inspected. Since the only accessible drain was 3/4" copper pipe...
  6. spebby

Thanks for the responses. Redwood, I would have no problem with a professional installation if I could find a quality plumber. About a year ago I did some remodeling and I had to use a professional plumber because the work had to be inspected. With advice from this forum I went about the...
  7. spebby

My hot water heater went out yesterday, and I thought when I replace the water heater I would attempt to get closer to code. The water heater is in the basement. I purchased a Bradford-White 50 gal. electric water heater from a plumbing supply house (my house is all electric). I know that...
  8. spebby

Global Warming, now Water Shortage

I will join the fray with a few comments: Some 30 years ago, the mid 1970's, the scientists were in an uproar over global cooling. (google global cooling) Now it's global warming. I think it's ridiculous to make predictions based on a very short time span in earth time. In my area...
  9. spebby

PEX connection

I had a licensed plumber re-plumb my well house during the course of a remodeling job. The previous plumbing used Wirsbo Pex to connect the water softner. The plumber cut the Wirsbo and made a crimp connection to a brass fitting. It's my understanding that Wirsbo uses a different connection...
  10. spebby

Walls made of nothing!

You might want to consider spray foam insultion between the studs. It adds structural strength and seals any air leaks.
  11. spebby

New sterling bath damaged by bodysoap

This is an e-mail response to an e-mail I sent to Kholer about one of their toilets and it's flushing problems: Thank you for writing the Kohler Answer Center with your inquiry about Kohler products and services. The following steps are recommended to help you identify the reason for your...
  12. spebby

dleta model 1700 tub/shower issues

I would avoid running water through this valve until you figure out what's going on. If the body is installed wrong, it means water is flowing through the cartridge backwards. I don't know if that would damage the cartridge, but it sure can't be good for it.
  13. spebby

If the hot and cold supply come in on the left and right of the body and the 2 circles are up and down, the body was installed wrong and needs to be re-piped. I feel sure thats the problem.
  14. spebby

The handle on my valve points to the right when off. It turns just under 90 degrees, maybe 75 degrees. The valve has a temp. adjustment under the handle screw cover. That determines the degree of rotation. See page 10 of previously posted instructions (pdf page 12). I tend to agree with...
  15. spebby

It should not matter clockwise or counter-clockwise. Does the cartridge have a hot side marking? If I remember right mine did and the instructions says it does. Where is the hot marking on the body of the dog shower valve?
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks