Recent content by Spbphil

1. Spbphil

How long should the supply line be bettween the wall and the toilet?

Here are photos of the connectors for two toilets, showing the twist in each one. That's what I'm concerned about, since that puts pressure on the plastic connector--like the one that broke a few years ago. Since I'm replacing the flow valve on one, so a good time to make any changes. Here...
  2. Spbphil

What is the difference between a Toto C853 and a C853S? Can I use the same fill valve?

Terry, does that mean I should adjust the new fill valve differently because my model has a "lower overflow tube"?
  3. Spbphil

What is the difference between a Toto C853 and a C853S? Can I use the same fill valve?

Hi, Terry, you are THE Best! I appreciate your authoritative answers. Here is the C853 model number from inside the toilet. (See image.) So do I have an Ultimate or an Ultramax model? What is the implication of having a "lower overflow tube"? Should I be trying to adjust something on the...
  4. Spbphil

How long should the supply line be bettween the wall and the toilet?

How long should the water line connector be to the toilet? At present I have installed one that is just about 2" longer than the distance, so there is a twist in it. My local plumbing supply place said to get a significantly longer one, and loop it around in a circle, then attach to the...
  5. Spbphil

I see a Korky 528T Replacement TOTO Toilet Fill Valve - Fits G-Max and Power Gravity Toilets -Easy to Install -Made in USA 1. Is my non-S a "power gravity toilet"? A G-Max? 2. So should I buy that part OR get the generic Korky 818 that says it fits 99% of all toilets? Or do you recommend a...
  6. Spbphil

Bio-Bidet 6000 seats--recommended?

I'm finally considering a bidet seat for my Toto Drake (round). Any experience/recommendation re the Bio-Bidet 6000 which is now highly discounted?
  7. Spbphil

How to replace O-ring in Franke hand-held faucet

Problem Solved--and thanks to Franke! I followed you advice and phoned Franke tech support. The tech support person quickly said he was putting a new part in the mail to me. When I asked if that part "should" only last three years, and if I would have to pay for the next one, he said no, just...
  8. Spbphil

Thanks--I'll welcome additional suggestions Thanks--I'll phone Franke in the AM and will report what happens. I suspect that the problem is not "mechanical" and thus not covered, but I'll see. I'd welcome reactions from others on this board about whether I could use a different (cheaper)...
  9. Spbphil

I purchased a Franke kitchen faucet (photo attached) three years ago for the little kitchen in a rented guest house. (Better said, a 450 sq ft studio above my garage.) The sprayer head doesn't spray properly now, despite cleaning the screen etc. The problem is apparently the O-ring deep...
  10. Spbphil

Trying to locate toilet with floor-to-rim height 20-21"

Thanks for your ideas Thank you all very much for your quick and interesting replies!
  11. Spbphil

Trying to locate toilet with floor-to-rim height 20-21"

My 6'2" elderly father is in a retirement care center and is unhappy with the height of the toilet in his room. He has hip problems which limit his mobility. What I'm looking for: A toilet with a RIM that is 20"-21" high, on which a regular toilet seat would fit, so the resulting toilet...
  12. Spbphil

How to clean bottom of 2004 Kohler tub?

Thanks for the ideas and sympathy I'll be trying the recommended special cleaner later in the summer. I'll report back if it "really" does the job. My concluding thought: Why would a company make a bathtub that, in all likelihood, will be used for a half century, and add a feature that is...
  13. Spbphil

Thanks and update Thanks for the reassurance and ideas. The Kohler site says Safeguard® Slip-Resistant Surface: RogIII Tub and Tile Cleaner (Not sold commercially.) $39 plus tax and shipping === I Googled and phoned the one supplier of this cleaner, but had to leave a message...
  14. Spbphil

Thanks for the quick replies! The cleaning lady and I briefly put some bleach on it, but I was afraid of doing some (more) damage. Perhaps the tenant may have rubbed off part of the skid-resistant surface? I'm now suspecting that the problem is not that the skid-resistant surface is dirty...
  15. Spbphil

I had a top-of-the-line (but otherwise ordinary white) Kohler cast-iron enameled bathtub installed in 2004 as part of a complete bathroom remodel in a small apartment attached to my home. This tub bottom has some sort of special surface pattern (slightly rubberized, by its feel) that is...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks