Recent content by solman

1. S

Well pump short cycle

Really? Only 7 years for a pump. I thought they lasted much longer. It's a 1/2 gallon pump in a cistern so it's only pumping about 15' to the house.
  2. S

Well pump short cycle

All the wires checked out okay (no shorts) but when I opened up the control box I noticed that the capacitor was popped open on one end. I ran into town and got a new control box ($67) I swapped it out and now the pump runs smoother and quieter then I ever remember. It made it through the whole...
  3. S

Well pump short cycle

I'm going to Ohm out the well pump wires, I'm hoping its the control box and not the pump though. Thanks for the replies. Bob
  4. S

Well pump short cycle

I replaced the switch today because the contacts were looking pretty bad anyway, no surprise I still have the same problem. I assume the thermal overload is on the pump itself?
  5. S

Well pump short cycle

A few days ago I noticed that my well pump was short cycling. It would run for 15 seconds then stop for 30 seconds then run for 15 seconds, ect. until 50 psi was reached. I assumed that the air pressure in my tank needed to be adjusted because of the drastic drop in temperature this week...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks