Recent content by SoInBoy

1. SoInBoy

bad smell after pumping septic tank

after having my septic tank pumped clean, i told the plumbers to replace the lids, but to leave the tank uncovered.. i wanted to make sure everything was in order... i noticed a horrible sewage smell coming from my "floor drain" in my basement.. i could also feel cold air coming from...
  2. SoInBoy

Distribution Box

im trying to find my distribution box.. the guy that came out to pump my septic tank, ran a snake 30' in that direction and pulled out roots.. he suggested findin the box, and opening it to further clean my system out.. ive been probing my yard for the past 3 days to try to find this elusive...
  3. SoInBoy

Opinion Poll

Pound for pound, what is the best material for a drainage system? Cast iron, Copper, PVC, steel, ceramic?? Longest lasting, most durable, etc.. What do y'all think?
  4. SoInBoy

"Notching" studs vs. holes in studs for copper pipe?

I've pushed 3/4" copper pipe through a 2x4 wall with very little problem using a 1" drill bit... what I did was start with the first stud. drill the hole, and push the copper pipe through it until it hits the next stud. spend some time making sure it's level and in line with the wall. make a...
  5. SoInBoy

How to fix cleanout

Anything that absorbs would work.. (on the liquids anyways) I would use kitty litter.. I've used saw dust, sand (<didn't work too well), and a few other things that i could sprinkle on top of it to absorb it.. whatever i had sittin around at the time.. Just out of curiousity, why would you...
  6. SoInBoy

In-House Vent??

Aight.. Thanks for the help!
  7. SoInBoy

Searching for buried water line

Old Timers trick I've located lines before by using a peach tree limb in the shape of an upside down "Y".. Hold the two legs of the "Y" and walk across your yard and when you cross a pipe, the remaining leg will bend and point straight down.. Has anybody else of ever tried this?
  8. SoInBoy

Drain Line (Snake) Advice

I never would of thought something like that could happen.. I have had to replace the cable of few times because it gets bent up pretty bad. I have to clean my drains out twice a year. I had and have trees surrounding my house. That's why i purchased the auger, rather than pay someone to...
  9. SoInBoy

Drain Line (Snake) Advice

Haha.. gotta big kick outta that..:D Not to add fuel to the fire,, but I'm a DIY'er and I have a little plumbing experience with drain cleaning experience.. I purchased a 1/2" cable auger years ago and have had good luck cleaning the tree root-ed drains out yearly. I've had the cable...
  10. SoInBoy

In-House Vent??

Still Corious So after reading some other posts, I read that the AAV's shouldn't be used in a toilet application.. In my application, I will be using an AAV to vent a kitchen sink, bathroom sink, vanity, and a shower... Is this too much for an AAV?
  11. SoInBoy

In-House Vent??

Hey Thanks for the comments.. I've never put one in before and didn't know if they're any good or not.. This helps.. Thanks!
  12. SoInBoy

In-House Vent??

My cousin just bought a house and wants to do some remodeling.. They want to move the bathroom vanity from one wall to the other. In doing so, I can eliminate about 6 feet of supply pipe.. I can also eliminate about 6 feet of drain pipe along with a lot of joints if I can use an "in-house"...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks