Recent content by soccer123

1. S

MDI Vertical sump pump switch?

Has anyone used a MDI VS-120R1R9L-01B Vertical Float switch for a sump pump? I have a Rhombus VerticalMaster and it has stuck on the side of the sump basin causing a flood. This MDI Vertical switch has a guide for the float that may help to reduce the failures...
  2. S

3/16 " hole for Zoeller Sump Pumps -where?

My Zoeller Sump is pumping into a Y and the bottom of the Y has an end cap with the 3/16" hole pointing (vertically) down at the water. It was installed by the plumber when the house was build. Is this arrangement releaving the "air-lock" possiblity as the pump manufacturer recomends? There...
  3. S

Sump Pump Basin Sizing

2 sump basins with 2 pumps It sounds like there is no disadvantage to having two 18"x24" sump basins. Am I correct? I would like use two sump pumps because I am pumping so close to the basement floor. Either 1/2 hp pump would be atequate to keep the basement dry and the duplication would...
  4. S

Sump Pump Basin Sizing

Two sump basins? Is there a disadvantage to having two 18"x24" sump basins next to each other if they are connected by a short pipe? The two sump basin solution might be easier to achieve given the ammount of water that is coming in (approx 15-20 gal/minute). Basement flooded last night...
  5. S

Sump Pump Basin Sizing

Sump basin level? Where should the top of the sump basin be? My sump basin is about 6" below the (top of the) basement floor and about 2" below the bottom of the concrete slab. I would like to raise the sump basin up to the level of the basement floor. I am only pumping the top 1/2 of...
  6. S

Sump Pump Basin Sizing

The 10 minutes of pumping is to clear the top 1/2 of my sump basin. I have moved the pump up so that it starts near the top of the basin and stops just below the two 4" intake pipes. These pipes are flowing about 50% if the water level in the sump basin is below them. By pumping above them...
  7. S

Sump Pump Basin Sizing

Sump Pump Answers Thanks for your help
  8. S

Not Enough Hot Water for Jacuzzi Tub

tankless for jaccuzzi? I am not a plumbing professional but have a 4 year old house with a jacuzzi. the takagi TK-2 tankless has provided hot water for the house including the jacuzzi. Does your jacuzzi have 3/4" inflow pipes? You might consider a tankless hot water heater just for the...
  9. S

Sump Pump Basin Sizing

I have been looking for a larger sump pump basin but not a deeper basin. I have the standard 18" diameter by 24" deep basin. I would like a WIDER basin to help increase the pumping time but not deeper than the 24". The 1/2 hp Zoeller pump runs continuously at the bottom of the sump basin...
  10. S

Blue Angel Sump Pump - BCAP50

basin size and cycling frequency The pit is a standard 18" diameter by 24" deep. I am sitting on a lot of water partially because of a large basement (44' x 77'). At the bottom of the pit, The pump runs continuously. I have tried both the Zoeller 1/2 hp and the Blue Angel 1/2 hp. Near...
  11. S

Blue Angel Sump Pump - BCAP50

Does anyone have experience with a Blue Angel Sump pump - BCAP50 1/2 hp cast iron sump pump. It has a intelli-sense switch that is microprocessor controlled and has a 3 year warranty (not 1 year as many others). I have just purchased one and like the pump better than the Zoeller that it...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks