Recent content by SoCal1

1. SoCal1

Discussing tile methods

Exactly my friend. that's why we (inspectors) use IRC R104.11 to supersede other codes. It allows the flexibility necessary for building officials to accept any viable material or method. I use it to allow that Kerdi Membrane & also the one-step mud job both over drywall. :cool:
  2. SoCal1

Discussing tile methods

Hi Tom, I would consult with your local tile contractors, building inspector and waterproofing manufacturers in your area. HotMop is a tried, tested and approved method for me. A traditional pan liner is also good. I would go with NTCA W231. cleavage membrane "tar paper" stapled to your studs...
  3. SoCal1

Discussing tile methods

I also approve the One-Coat Method per NTCA W222-09 per IRC R104.11
  4. SoCal1

Discussing tile methods

obviously a few of you are not up to date and it shows. Section R702.4.2 allows a glass mat gypsum backer in a shower. Tile bonded directly to gypsum board was what the code was written to stop no matter how you read or twist it. Although the use of gypsum board with a bonded waterproof...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks