Recent content by so-sa

1. so-sa

Replacing faucets on 1940's sink

no offense taken- I'll start on the faucets and see how that goes before I touch anything else. Thank you all so much for all the help! I'll probably be back once I get the parts- still am tempted by that Kingston Brass set, but with no positive long term reviews am not sure I'll end up going...
  2. so-sa

Yessir! Thanks for the warning. My guess would be that I'd loosen that big nut on the bottom of the overflow, and that would allow me to remove and replace the drain and lower piping? How does the overflow feed into the drain pipe?
  3. so-sa

I was looking around for the faucets separately without any luck other than the generic hardware store ones. Any advice or tricks to overcome the challenges of removing them and possibly the spout? I am decently handy and have some tools, would this be something it'd be better to call a plumber...
  4. so-sa

Yep, I'm concerned about that as well- it's made by Kingston Brass (anyone have any experience with their products?), in the USofA. Here's a link to it on their site- they do sell parts as well- will do some research on that...
  5. so-sa

It looks to me like the spout and drain are original, and the faucets have been replaced (or maybe just badly repaired)?
  6. so-sa

Saw the Kohler - nice but too many $$$$$s by a long shot!
  7. so-sa

Good to know about that drain- thanks. What do you think about getting this http://www.overstock.com/Home-Garden/Metropolitan-Chrome-Widespread-Bathroom-Faucet/5663643/product.html to get replacement faucets, and possibly the spout? So far I haven't seen anywhere to get items not as a set.
  8. so-sa

Hi all, We have a 1940' sink in our bathroom in which the faucets need replacing (they squeek and we're getting vibration & thumping), and the area around the drain needs to be cleaned up (porca-fix?). Everything else works fine- no leaks or smells. Initially I didn't think it would be too...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks