Recent content by snafflekid

1. snafflekid

help identify this pressure regulator

Here is the new work at the house. Irrigation is now on the city side and I did not like that at first, but now I have the option to adjust that pressure separately The irrigation manifold is a real crazy jumble I think that will be my next project. HDPE to copper transition after the...
  2. snafflekid

Update: What I decided to do after getting another plumber out is to have a new HDPE line pulled trenchless from the meter to the house. We live in earthquake country, so PVC in the ground is always going to be risky. And a buried pressure regulator is no longer code compliant. The plumber was...
  3. snafflekid

Yes 120 psi is quite exciting. I replaced several irrigation heads and watched them shoot into the air and put on a Bellagio style water show. Thanks for the help I will get a few more quotes.
  4. snafflekid

So this is what is at the curb: There is a quarter turn valve before the meter. It feels a little stiff, and with this older home I bought and all its booby traps, I'm gunshy about forcing any valve to turn, seriously. (oh the things I have found) I am going to watch the plumber turn it and see...
  5. snafflekid

Any suggestions how a plumber would approach this replacement? It looks tight trying to fit a new valve and regulator in the same space with a union for easy repairs. And ball valve rather than gate valve, I assume.
  6. snafflekid

Ha! I see what you did there. I was trying to wash off the mud after digging the pipes out. But I think a new bigger box a little further in is a good idea.
  7. snafflekid

I am looking for advice on how to proceed with fixing this regulator. We currently have street pressure inside the house. I rotated the screw both directions a while back and don't remember which way lowered the pressure. I think left turn. But the change was not enough and water leaks from...
  8. snafflekid

Change shower to wet vent

This sanitary tee is where the lavatory drains FYI. The gist of my question is does the body of this san tee have to be 2" or 1 1/2" dia. or does it matter? Because it appears these tees have 1 1/2" diameter body. I don't have one in front of me to measure, but I will do that.
  9. snafflekid

I have a quick, probably silly question, but I am being extra cautious. When changing the vertical wet vents to 2" from the current 1 1/2" which transition is allowed/required?
  10. snafflekid

I took a close up of the cast iron fitting that drains the water closets. The turn is more than 45 degrees, maybe 60? Thank you very much, Wayne and Reach4 for your help.
  11. snafflekid

I want to do things as simply as possible :) There was confusion in the beginning about the tub/shower arm vent, which I forgot to draw in the diagram. So the tub/shower looked like it was being wet vented through the 3"soil stack, which would be wrong. And that confused me to think that you...
  12. snafflekid

Checking to see if I understand how to extend the dry venting in the remodel.
  13. snafflekid

That was confusing. I hope this is better. Is there a problem with running a dry vent directly to the Lav 1, shower, Lav 2 branch, considering the fact that this entire branch is below the level of the closet bends?
  14. snafflekid

Is it correct that I cannot transition the shower drain from horizontal to horizontal because that would require a portion of the vertical wet venting to be below the closet bend level? What if I directly connected a dry vent to the horizontal branch draining Lav 1, Shower and Lav 2...
  15. snafflekid

Now that I am looking closer I think you are right. I do not have a great picture but I think it is a double wye with built in 45 degree bends. Not quite how I expect a combo wye to look.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks