Recent content by smakovits

1. S

Reducing 6" to 4" on exhaust duct

What do you mean to see if I have a problem? Do you mean to crawl out to th corner to see how the exhaust runs to sofit vent and to see if it is blowing out properly?
  2. S

OK, but if I use the 4" duct, what are your thoughts on the venting only to the soft vent? I misspoke before, it goes to the sofit vent instead of the ridge vent as originally stated...
  3. S

Yeah, I will most likely want to exhaust it outside, so I will then replace it with 6". The only issue now is figuring out where to exhaust to...UGH! (ceiling or wall and the big question, how) May have to pay a guy to just do it.
  4. S

I just got a NuTone QTXEN110 and it is much larger than the old fan and also uses a 6" exhaust. The old fan is connected to a 4" exhaust duct. Is it OK to use a reducer and go from 6" to 4" or would that be bad for the fan? The bathroom is 45sqft with 8' ceilings so I believe the 110cfm...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks