Recent content by slippy field

1. slippy field

Adding an air return

I do have a walkout in this basement. The floor plan is just one open room around 700 sq/ft. The 2 feeds are in the ceiling almost center of the room maybe 10 feet or so apart. The return trunk is right beside it but my only return vents are on the top 2 floors. I wasn't even sure I needed a...
  2. slippy field

Toilet Flange Install

I meant 12.5" from the framed wall. I'm not 100% sure what my finished floor on top of the cement slab will be. I've just seen things that say have the flange flush with the cement slab and I've read others that say leave it 1/2" up above the cement to slide your finished floor under.
  3. slippy field

Toilet Flange Install

I've been told it should be 12.5" on center from the stud. I'm a little worried about it being too short (tank hitting the wall) or possibly too long, tank too far from the way. But if it was an inch away from the wall and not 1/3" that wouldn't be the end of the world. I've seen these offset...
  4. slippy field

Softner RE-circ

my softner is set up to do its thing every 5 days, the time seems to vary for some reason or other. At any rate, when it does its thing, all the water lines in the house seems to becomefull of air and it takes a while to work its way out. The upstairs toilet in particular can make one H of a...
  5. slippy field

Who has the best NFL fans in football? Tom Brady now thinks it's in Seattle!

well, the Browns seem to have a full stadium so all things considered, they must have pretty loyal fans. I'd guess KC has the best because there is nothing else to do out there.
  6. slippy field

Adding an air return

trying to work on finishing my basement and need to add one air return. Any advice on getting me started? I would now the first thing about tying into the main trunk or where to put the return trunk. I supposed since I am just going with one return, as close to center as possible in the large...
  7. slippy field

Kitchen Sink Drain Rough in Height

was afraid of that. Might need a new drill. That hole sawing ain't easy on the old girl. Appreciate the information. I will have plenty of other questions to bother you with. Thanks!
  8. slippy field

Kitchen Sink Drain Rough in Height

Assume a standard counter height, a standard drop in single bay sink, no disposer or anything else, what is the maximum center drain point could a guy could guy away with. Reason I ask is I had some help last weekend and although I'm not in front of it to measure it, I think it has to be at...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks