Recent content by sleiber

1. sleiber

Impossible clog! Kitchen Sink, Wash Machine, Dishwasher!

I've heard that you can use salt brine down your drains monthly for maintenance. I tried to google salt brine and only came up with recipes for brining poultry. What is salt brine? Are there any other things you can do for maintenance other than chemicals? I've only used them in the past for...
  2. sleiber

Thank you hj. I was hoping for a response from you since I wasn't seeming to get answers from anyone else, otherwise I would've given up this thread completely and went on my way. I was afraid of the chemicals damaging the piping when I picked them up, but of course they always claim to be safe...
  3. sleiber

PLEASE lock this thread! Anyway, I got my response. It will have to be snaked. It's not like plumbing in a mobile home is rocket science, anyway. I no longer care about the question of how I might have made this worse, since I'm not getting much cooperation aside from "Call a professional...
  4. sleiber

:confused: How is it a 'woe is me' sob story? I'm only asking for advice on how to fix it myself without having to snake it. I never asked anyone to feel sorry for me. I only asked for advice. Is this not a DIY forum?
  5. sleiber

Nobody answered my question of what I did that could have made it worse.. I do have to wonder why you're still trying so hard to get me to call in a local company when my dad has 10+ years plumbing experience in the job he is in now (mentioned above). :confused: He has already said we would...
  6. sleiber

He was the one who brought in the blow bag. We tried that and it seemed to help temporarily, but started backing up again pretty quick. I think it may have just been pushed farther in. What might we have done to make the situation worse, hj?
  7. sleiber

My dad actually works for the plumbing department at a local county school district. I'm sure he can get what we need and help with the job. I was afraid that we would need an auger for this...
  8. sleiber

When we run the water in the sink, it takes a minute to go down. When we run the dishwasher, we occassionally see debris in the bottom near the drain, and when we use the wash machine it gurgles and spits out quite a bit of water before the drain lets the water run through. It has been...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks