Recent content by SkyJan

1. SkyJan

Slippery tile floor in shower

I continue to be interested in the stick-on strips as well. Has anyone had actual experience with it on tile and specific info as to what might be a good brand or type to use?
  2. SkyJan

Thank you for this thread. I will be checking out the websites mentioned.
  3. SkyJan

I'm wondering how long now since you've used the slipdoctors product? I understand from some that there is a question as to whether or not these products work over the long haul.How has it been for you?
  4. SkyJan

Has anyone had experience with the stick-on products?
  5. SkyJan

So in view of my present situation, what would you recommend?
  6. SkyJan

How long ago since you applied this product? I'm wondering if it lasts over the long-haul or if it needs to be reapplied or...?
  7. SkyJan

The tile shower was put in by a tile contractor. Tile showers, countertops and floors is his specialty. I just assumed he would do the right thing. Wouldn't it be un-ethical for him to put in the wrong tile? I don't know, we are just ordinary John Doe home owners not educated in such things...
  8. SkyJan

Our ceramic tile shower floor is slippery when taking a shower. Using a mat with suction cups is not a satisfactory solution. I have seen a couple of products advertised on the internet that are supposed to solve the problem by etching the tile to roughen up the surface a bit. But these products...
  9. SkyJan

Fiberglass shower has a crack in floor

There is a crack in the floor of our fiberglass shower stall. What would be the best way to handle this? Would it be possible to mend with a flexible adhesive or sealer, or is that too simple? Of course our main concern is to prevent leakage but we're hoping it doesn't need to be something as...
  10. SkyJan

rack in a fiberglass shower floor?

You mention replacing the base. What would that entail?
  11. SkyJan

rack in a fiberglass shower floor?

There is a crack (about 3 inches long) in our shower floor. The shower is a fiberglass (or plastic? or acrylic?) unit. Is there some way the crack can be fixed or the floor sealed to avoid the possibility of leakage? Or what would be the best way to handle this? Thanks
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks