Recent content by Skip Wolverton

1. Skip Wolverton

Culligan Gold series softener has constant overflow

If it runs to the drain, the seals are bad. http://www.culligan.com/en/service-and-maintenance/customer-support/owners-guide/obsolete-manuals/ Try this site and find the manual for your unit. You may need to replace the piston as well as the seals and spacers.
  2. Skip Wolverton

Aquapure now installed--water is not as slippery as I expected

Install a bleed valve between the soft and hard lines and allow 1-2 gpg to mix. No slick feeling and very slight hardness.
  3. Skip Wolverton

Aquapure now installed--water is not as slippery as I expected

I had a customer that felt the slick feeling, but when I moved her softener to another home in the same city (different water source) it went away. The water stayed soft, but the slickness went away. I always felt it was water chemistry.
  4. Skip Wolverton

Safety Valve Sticking in Closed or Up Position

Sluge can cause water to stay in the brine well which will fill up and shut off the float assembly. Dig down into the salt to insure the water level is the same as in the brine well. If the unit is not drawing brine, the same thing will happen.
  5. Skip Wolverton

Water tests soft but doesn't feel soft.

The water could be hard for a short period (just before a regen) than by the time it is tested it shows soft. Did they test the hot side? This will show if it has had hard water in the last day or 2. They also have a soap test kit that costs about $1.00. It will show if you have hard water. Ask...
  6. Skip Wolverton

Little yellow beads!

The micro switch is in a fixed position. I don't see how you could adjust it. Besides, the shaft of the rotor has been twisted due to excess torque caused by the rotor sticking. It is best to replace the rotor and not try to adjust something that was not mean to be adjusted.
  7. Skip Wolverton

Little yellow beads!

Let me put it in term you understand. The arm is the micro switch. It's purpose is the turn the motor off once it hits a slot (cam gear). If you must turn the cam in order to draw brine, most likely the rotor shaft is bent requiring the cam to travel past the slot to draw. You could repair the...
  8. Skip Wolverton

Little yellow beads!

Not sure what adjustment you did, but it sounds as though you got resin thoughout the house. I don't believe you caused it, just one of those things.
  9. Skip Wolverton

Where to buy media?

Call Nelsen 866/712-6796. If they won't sell directly to you let me know and I'll put it on my account and make arrangements for you pick it up.
  10. Skip Wolverton

How can I store tanks with resin in them?

Gary, you make a very strong point here, but man you sure went a long way around it.
  11. Skip Wolverton

I like your comments. LOL You might be a.............. I have always thought that the reason units don't brine in the fast rinse mode is due to contact time and not osmonic shock. Besides, water follows the path of least resistance and may not have a strong brine draw if the most of it is...
  12. Skip Wolverton

I've never measured the concentration other than getting a mouth full checking if it's rinsed enough. I don't know of anyone in service or sales that would. It's good knowledge but how will it help a sale or service. When (if) I have a customer ask about osmonic shock, I'll sure know what to...
  13. Skip Wolverton

That would not be the case Ak. In order to create a draw, water (soft or hard) passes though the venturi which pulls the brine so a mixing will occur (water+brine) there by diluting the brine.
  14. Skip Wolverton

Now Mr. Slusser, I want you to show me where I said it was ok to store resin in brine. When you can not find it, I would like you to revise your comment. Thank you very much.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks