Recent content by SK78

1. SK78

Sioux Chief Laundry OxBox leak

Here is the update: spoke with George at Sioux … part is non serviceable, they neither have the valve or the arrestor available. Basically have to get a new box. They have a 3 year warranty on anything with a moving part (piston in arrestor and valve), so there is nothing they will do for me...
  2. SK78

Here is the difference between the 1/2” MIP (left) which is commonly available and what comes out of the boxes (right, with o-ring), again adding the picture to save anyone searching for this in the future from buying the wrong part. (Both are labeled size AA, which clearly does not correspond...
  3. SK78

I tried calling yesterday, they are closed for the weekend, and good for them. I will call again on Monday. I posted here thinking it might be a common issue or if someone knows where to get the magic part that is not in their catalog. Thank you all, I’ll update the post as soon as I hear from...
  4. SK78

Thanks, this is where my frustration with this started. I actually picked one of these up and they are the wrong thread (too big) and the cylinder is too long, won’t fit the box. Just putting it here to save the next person from buying one.
  5. SK78

Do you know where I can get a replacement valve, didn’t even see that in the catalog.
  6. SK78

Hello all, About 5 years ago in a remodel I installed a Laundry OxBox with arrestor (696-G2313XF) which started leaking. I have it installed with the arrestor facing down and it appears the leak is from the arrestor. When the shutoff is off it keeps leaking. I pulled the arrestor and tries...
  7. SK78

Noisy pressure tank when the pump is on & low pressure

Thank you… I replaced my filter after this comment. Issue not resolved, I will need to start diagnosing if it’s my iron filter or water softener that is causing the blockage. Appreciate the your feedback.
  8. SK78

The water flow did not stop, the volume is just really low, and no the pressure comes back as expected once the pump kicks on. i need to pull the county records to get that info on the well, it is a submersible type.
  9. SK78

I ran this test, turned on a bathtub and flushed two toilets, pressure indicator seems normal, just goes down until the pump kicks in at ~30. The only thing I noticed this time, which I had not heard before, is that the tank gurgled just before the pump came on. With the bathtub filling there...
  10. SK78

When I first noticed the low flow rate issue when multiple items items are on I checked the air charge and it was at 28 psi, I will have to drain down the water again later to verify.
  11. SK78

For a while now we have been experiencing low pressure in the house when multiple items are using water, for example a toilet filling while taking a shower. The pump appears to cycle correctly with a 30 low pressure cut in and 50 cut out. When the pump is on, I can hear water rushing into...
  12. SK78

Water Test Results are back!

Based on the suggestions I received I had a water test done on an outside hose bib by NTL, and received my results. Quick recap: looking to replace my 2002 Kenmore UltraSoft 800 (45k Grain?) water softener on my well water, with a new system. It appears to have failed, getting a bad smell...
  13. SK78

Water Softener Replacement - Water Tests

Thank you for the quick and detailed answers! I will send out for a kit. @Reach4, thanks for the well sanitizing link, I will add that to my list of spring tasks!
  14. SK78

Water Softener Replacement - Water Tests

Its time for a new project, looking to replace my 2002 Kenmore UltraSoft 800 (45k Grain?) water softener, which came with the house, with a new system. From researching on the forum I see that the starting point is a water test, I looked into the options with the county and they offer an a la...
  15. SK78

50 Amp Range replaced with oven / cooktop combo

Thank you! I had another thought. The induction cooktop calls for a 30AMP 3 wire circuit. The new oven is a 20 AMP 4 wire circuit. Could I use the existing 50 AMP 3 wire for the cooktop and run a new 20 AMP 12/3 for the oven?
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks