Recent content by sjcrawley

1. sjcrawley

Is This Up To Code?

my two cents worth: the question was "is this up to code". the answer is NO. the wires are to be protected if they could be stood on. I dont care if its done wrong or ugly. code is law and therfore for legal and peace of mind i stick to code.
  2. sjcrawley

Perm. removed light. what do i do with wires?

OK keep coming back to this thread its like seeing road kill. Where are the moderators. pls close this thread. turning into a petty fight and not very professional. (just my 2 cents):(
  3. sjcrawley

14-2 and 12-2 color diff at breaker neutral

4-028 Identification of insulated Neutral conductors up to and including No.2 AWG copper or Aluminum (1) Except as permitted in Subrules (2), (3), and (4), all insulated neutral conductor in the following situations shall be identified by a white or natural gray covering: (a) Where...
  4. sjcrawley

14-2 and 12-2 color diff at breaker neutral

it seems you have the wrong wire, use 12/2 ( white, black and copper) black to breaker ,white to neutral and copper to ground. CEC 4-028 states you have to color the one color white (use shrink for a good job or white electrical tape for a fast job. correct me if im wrong guys
  5. sjcrawley

Rough in

oh ya if i did work that exact and perfect before the drywall no one could afford me looks really nice. ( i asume everything is in order)
  6. sjcrawley

why is cable tray no good for res.

ok i never thought about the crush haz, mind you if its in the wall there shouldn't be a problem. also if crushing is a problem what about when a 24" tray is filled to the top with cable tray (iv seen this) or when some one drops a tool from heights and it lands on the cables (point being how...
  7. sjcrawley

why is cable tray no good for res.

I know table 19 (cdn code, CEC ) states that tray cable is for tray only, BUT on a technical side why isnt it ok to use for residental (beside because the code book says no). when i look at tray cable i can see the jacket is thicker, stronger, and has UV protection but lumex (ect) isnt as...
  8. sjcrawley

Stripping Romex Sheathing

i know the cdn code (table ??) states you cant use cable tray any where but tray but why? There is a thicker casing on tray cable then there is on NM so whats the reason, any idea???
  9. sjcrawley

short light bulb life

Our neighbor put in a new fixture in the basement and like the rest of the bulbs in the house they are all short-lived. Compact florescent bulbs dies in 6 wks and the same with the new 50w halogens in the new fixture. Any idea what is causing this? I have tightened or checked ½ the wires in the...
  10. sjcrawley

"water" air conditioning

got_nailed thank you so much i can see the error of my ways and seeing im going to redo my landscaping next year the under ground air systen sounds perfect. the minamal amount of air cooling with the water system is not the way to go. thanks ps will post the Results next year
  11. sjcrawley

"water" air conditioning

I would like to install a radiator in the intake air of my furnace ( see drawing) and I have 2 questions 1. Is it possible to buy a lead free radiator that I could install (otherwise project is a scrap) 2. is there any problem here that I don’t see I plan on putting a drain tray hose to...
  12. sjcrawley

Who is Joe Tedesco?

the last thing that is needed is another person who has a "god" complex. with all due respect who the heck does he think he is. not saying it was joe but who ever it was needs a swift kick in the pants because people like that should not breed.
  13. sjcrawley

help with gas line

ty i guess i better rethink this it just so hard to find a contracter due to the boom here
  14. sjcrawley

help with gas line

i want to run a line from my house to a furnice in my garage (35'). I plan on using black pipe and was thinking of using 3/4". As well i plan on doing all the work except the final conections (i will hire someone) my questions are 1) can i oversize my line without (3/4 instead of 1/2) any...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks