Recent content by Sisyphus

1. Sisyphus

Help with tub conversion...

Slowly but surely. Decided on Schluter-Kerdi product to proceed. HardiBacker is up over insulated walls and plumbing is mostly done. Found a neat device to plug supply pipes during pressure/leak testing. Just pushes on like a cap but can be removed with plastic collar and pipe end is suitable...
  2. Sisyphus

To Jad... are these not real? Were you referring to the larger version? And don't they all fill at some point? And to HJ... Bypass plug? Per the wifes wishes, and I don't see why it shouldn't work, the H/C pipes from the basement branch just after shutoffs, one set (shown) go to the mixer the...
  3. Sisyphus

Been a while as money dried up but now getting back to it. Bought fixtures and a balance valve. Finally decided with a local rep/pro to build up deck with plywood to just above flush with tub lip. I heard all the advice; cement, SCHLUTER foam, shouldn't be done this way or that way...sounded...
  4. Sisyphus

Durable Fixture Wanted

Hello all. I was on here a while ago with questions about an unusual tub-to-shower conversion. It has languished a bit but I now have a question about the fixtures I will need to get. I am looking for some advice on brands or what to look for so I won't get something that will pit or flake...
  5. Sisyphus

Yes it means a new valve as in new plumbing. What I think I can do is instead of plumbing the tub water to a single faucet without an intervening H/C valve, as in modern setups, I can plumb to the existing faucet which has H/C handles but just have the mixed water come through one permanently...
  6. Sisyphus

Oh yes it will definitely have a pressure balance valve but will feed through the existing dual valve hot/cold tub hardware-just to keep up appearances. So I take it that a level build up will hold water too long and that a slope is needed, or I should just go vertical with the tile. Well that...
  7. Sisyphus

I have taken on another project that I have questions about, this one is a bathroom. I can't seem to upload a picture but the tub is a jaccuzi style without the jets or holes. It sits on a green rectangular lip of counter top material that butts up to three walls of an alcove. The average...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks