Recent content by Sinestro

1. S

Troubleshooting two 3-way switch setups

Boy thanks I appreciate the warning! Which brings me to my next question. Since I am unqualified to do this, about how much does it normally cost to troubleshoot and fix 3way lighting issues? I want to make sure I don't get fleeced. Thank you again for your help.
  2. S

Oh lord thanks. Is there a safe way to test out which wire is which? I have no idea which wire is which.
  3. S

Apologies as I am a bit of a Luddite, but what is a WAG? Also, I have read on here that you guys use a "light bulb test". What does that entail?
  4. S

The downstairs switch does the same thing though. Turn on the upstairs switch and you can't turn it off downstairs. This all worked until we took down a wall and one of the other light switches
  5. S

Assign each switch a number. With switch #1 & switch #2 down, light is on or off? With #1 up & #2 down, light is on or off? With #1 down and #2 up, light is on or off? With #1 & #2 up, light is on or off? off on on on The weird thing is, if the downstairs switch is on, then the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks