Recent content by Shubox56

1. Shubox56

Trace Copper Pipe

I own a townhouse with a closet dedicated to utilities -- furnace and hot water heater. It's a tight space with the water main, cutoff valve, and meter located behind the hot water heater. To cut off water to the house, I have to reach around the heater --- PITA! Anyway, there's 2 copper...
  2. Shubox56

Sealing Closet Flange

Ok, So I skipped filling the Johnny bolt slots, connected and tested my water supply line, and set the toilet in place using the SaniSeal. I weighted down the toilet compressing the SaniSeal and tightened the plastic bowl nut that came with the A/S toilet. I tightened each side a little at a...
  3. Shubox56

Sealing Closet Flange

So something like this on the gasket and threads (both ends)? A very thin coating.
  4. Shubox56

Sealing Closet Flange

This is what I was hoping I could do. That a good plumber's putty that stays flexible would do a decent job of preventing water from working south. At least substantially lesson the amount of water. With the goal being to keep the water on top of the floor where it would be visible. And for the...
  5. Shubox56

Sealing Closet Flange

And another question related to the toilet supply line that I'm replacing. The new shut off valve came with a brass compression ring which I'm assuming isn't used with the flexible supply lines? I'm guessing that the flexible supply lines do not use that brass ring, but rather seals like a...
  6. Shubox56

Sealing Closet Flange

Boy, I was hoping to hear that sealing around the bolt would help. Sure seems like it would. :-(
  7. Shubox56

Sealing Closet Flange

Hi guys, I replaced my 8 shutoff valves and 3 faucets and FINALLY getting ready to install the toilets. With that said, I have a question about sealing the space around the flange bolts. As you can see in the photo, I have chalked around the flange to prevent water from seeping down and would...
  8. Shubox56

Delta Tub Spout Diverter

Okay, this is why I shouldn't start a project in the evening after a tough day at work. This morning with fresh eyes I took a second look at the copper pipe and did find a very small hard-water deposit on the underside that I initially missed. The leak was indeed around the rear o-ring. I...
  9. Shubox56

Delta Tub Spout Diverter

I agree with that, but the seal up front shouldn't allow water to flow inside the spout to stream out the slot at the rear.
  10. Shubox56

Delta Tub Spout Diverter

I got the A/S slip on diverter spout which seated nicely against the tile. I secured the set screw and started filling the tub. At this point it worked as expected with zero leaks against the wall. Then I pulled the divert lever everything initially looked good. Seconds later I noticed a small...
  11. Shubox56

Delta Tub Spout Diverter

I just pulled it. It's a slip on spout with an Allen head set screw at the bottom. Looks like everyone makes this style of spout diverter. Looking at an American Standard online. After cleaning the 2.25" copper pipe (from tile) and slipping it on (and tighten), should I caulk around the top and...
  12. Shubox56

Delta Tub Spout Diverter

Hi guys, I have the o-ring type diverter that has a set screw, are the replacement diverters of the same type pretty much all universal? I have a 24 year old Pfister shower diverter currently. Thanks in advance!
  13. Shubox56

Cutoff Valves

Hi guys, I have 8 2nd floor cutoff valves for toilets and faucets that are 24 years old, I'm guessing that replacement would be advisable even if functioning? Replacing all toilets and faucets.
  14. Shubox56

Install Guidance

Guys, I have been asking educational questions for weeks, a process that continues. So here's where I'm at: I bought my 2 Cadet 3 toilets and 3 faucets for install, searched for a plumber who's familiar with Sani Seal (found a service that actually recommends), but now they are MIA. Zero...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks