Recent content by ShrimpBurrito

1. ShrimpBurrito

Alternative low water cut off to McDonnell Miller Series 69

My folks have an old American Standard oil steam boiler that has a McDonnell Miller Series 69 low water cut-off. A few weeks ago, they came back from a weekend getaway to find that the house was 40-something degrees because the boiler had not turned on due to the low water cut-off being corroded...
  2. ShrimpBurrito

Indirect water heater with electric element? Have oil and coal boilers

I took a look at the Bryan heaters, and they look like all industrial models. Bummer. I only think I'd consider oil to heat water if it could be accomplished by utilzing the oil boiler, since it has to be run sporatically anyway to keep it in operating condition. In comparing an oil water...
  3. ShrimpBurrito

Thanks for the suggestions. I agree that heating with coal during the winter seems like a no-brainer. Good point about an empty heater going rank after 6 months of non-use. Hadn't considered that. At the very least, they do want to run the oil burner periodically, briefly, during the...
  4. ShrimpBurrito

Howdy folks, Newbie here, but have read lots of posts. Need your advice on designing the best setup for heating water at my folks' house. Current hot water and heating in the house (northeastern Pennsylvania) is an oil burner and a coal burner. The coal burner operates about 6 months a...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks