Recent content by Shopco

1. Shopco

Water heater install (California)

Thank you Reach4 for your interest in my situation. Neoprene shedding: huh, I never thought of that. Research indicates excellent resistance to heat and ozone. Pressure rating is nearly 2x needed. Possible hardening over time but that should not be a problem in my case since there will be no...
  2. Shopco

Why corrugated? Not challenging; seeking knowledge
  3. Shopco

Water heater install (CA)

Neoprene hose used is designated hot pressure washers. 565 psi @ 72 - 210 max temp. House pressure is 80 psi. Expansion tank installed. Hose = laminar flow, corrugated flex line = turbulent flow. I like laminar flows.
  4. Shopco

14 years I installed the water heater using copper pipe (no flex line) to dielectric unions installed on the water heater. When I attempted to replace the water heater the unions were welded together. They came away from the heater ok but would not disassemble as designed; I had to cut the...
  5. Shopco

Water heater install (CA)

14 years ago I installed the water heater using copper pipe (no flex line) to dielectric unions installed on the water heater. When I attempted to replace the water heater the unions were welded together. They came away from the heater ok but would not disassemble as designed; I had to cut the...
  6. Shopco

Yet another water quality question

I wonder if the OP has left the building. I'm not sure if I would spend much time head scratching without some kind of response from him. Also, maybe it's just me but that test seems odd; one the one hand he's testing for a lot of metals but does not bother to break out chrome VI from III...
  7. Shopco

Yet another water quality question

What do you mean by "filter press"?
  8. Shopco

Fliter changes

You'll get far here. Don and I (well, I'll speak only for myself) are/am dumb, so thanks for the compliment. Some things are not worth fussing about, like replacing filters routinely. You seem to be the one with a real problem, having (still) 4 air returns in a relatively small house. Replacing...
  9. Shopco

Fliter changes

Dwyer is great! Their tech’s are available and helpful. One call shopping, as they have it already all worked out (it’s what they do). They got me all fixed-up for a buck-and-a quarter which is less than the manometer I had my eye on from ****. Since I don’t know what velocities I am...
  10. Shopco

Make-up air

Thanks Doug - I love the idea of a pressure switch
  11. Shopco

Fliter changes

“But do you have pitot tubes to tell you when to change filters ? If not, You are Just Guessing.” “Well then, I guess I am guessing ( I guess). I change the filter once a year whether it needs it or not, just like I change the oil and filters in my car and truck routinely. I could save money...
  12. Shopco

Make-up air

Dana; Your answers are of great value and interest and I am in the process of digesting them. You have certainly altered my thinking and as a result I now think I should deal with my original catch-all plan as separate problems. Make-up air for the hood is what I want to concentrate on right...
  13. Shopco

Make-up air

Thanks again Dana for your most informative answer; tutorial really. It is going to take me some time to process all this information and determine what course of action, if any, will fit within my available resources of time, money, and skills.
  14. Shopco

Make-up air

Thanks Dana. "Air sealing the house" sounds like a mammoth undertaking.
  15. Shopco

Make-up air

I want to build a fresh air duct into my house. It would have two purposes; one is to slightly pressurize the house with filtered air and the other is to provide make-up air for my range’s exhaust hood and the bathroom exhaust fan. My main question here is what type of fan(s) should I...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks