Recent content by shendrick

1. shendrick

When to repair - when to replace?

Great advice, thanks for the help.
  2. shendrick

Terry, thanks for the advice. The literature says something about a swirl acthitecture, so I'm going to assume that the significant yellow that we see is more than just sediment. After 10 years, I would suspect that the liner is cracked given how much yellow we see. I could fuss around with...
  3. shendrick

Yes, yellow at every hot water outlet.
  4. shendrick

I know, it will be about $1K for the heater plus a few hundred for installation. Question remains, is it really time to replace or would a new anode do the trick?
  5. shendrick

I've got a 10 year old Sear Power Miser gas hot water heater. it's never had the anode changed and now we're getting yellow hot water. I'm guessing that the yellow water means that the anode is shot and the tank is rusting. If yellow water is a symptom of the tank rusting, I would assume the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks