Recent content by sheellah

1. sheellah

Flushometer to tank toilet question

I have a 58 yo house with a leaking flushometer toilet. Will be renovating in the future and replacing it with a tank toilet so don't want to spend to fix flushometer. The question is the new floor isn't in yet and the plumber is asking me to do everything at once which I'm not ready for. There...
  2. sheellah

Which of these 2 toilets is best?

They are for a rental and I want to avoid getting a plumber there to fix a clog. They also have to look good. Looking at the AS Cadet 3 and the TOTO ECO Ultramax. Is the Toto worth the additional cost? The Cadet PRO and Champion are pretty unattractive to me. Thanks for any help!
  3. sheellah

Toilet related tenant problem - need advice on water leak usage!

I signed up with DEP for a leak alert on my home. I just got an alert a few days ago about much higher than usual water consumption. We can hear the water running from the basement in my tenant's apartment. He is vindictive and is in the process of being evicted. I believe he is running hot...
  4. sheellah

30 X 60 Tub - Anything Besides Villager or Princeton?

Thanks! Didn't know that. I would prefer some edge thickness though. I think it looks better. I don't know if they make a 30" tub though with no apron at all.
  5. sheellah

A surround takes up several inches and I don't think I have enough clearance as the toilet is pretty close. I don't even think they make anything as small as 30" wide where you can tile the apron. What is the minimum number of inches that a tiled apron can add to the width of a tub?
  6. sheellah

I don't think acrylic tubs hold up well. Don't they scratch and stain easily? Really want the cast iron. I can't believe there's only one on the market. The Villager is nice but I really don't like that boomerang decoration on the apron. I like the design of the Princeton better, but not the...
  7. sheellah

I have a small NYC 5 X 8 bathroom and need a 30 X 60 alcove tub under 15" high as it's mostly used for showers, and a taller one is too hard to get in and out of as I get older. I'm doing a higher end look, and it's discouraging that these two seem to be my only choice. No room to build a...
  8. sheellah

Trying To Decide Between The Soiree & Nexus-Any 2 Piece Advantage?

Thanks! I was actually referring to the tank height. It's several inches lower in the back part. I do want the CEFIONTECT. Didn't realize it wasn't on the Nexus too. That's a good point. I guess the Soiree will be easier to clean then all around. It's also more classic and less trendy than the...
  9. sheellah

Trying To Decide Between The Soiree & Nexus-Any 2 Piece Advantage?

Any advantage to using a 2 piece toilet? I guess it's easier to carry in two pieces, but any other? I love both the looks of the Soiree and the Nexus which is my main problem in decorating. Half of me loves modern, and 1/2 traditional...LOL! I think the Soiree might be the best of both. I'm...
  10. sheellah

Need A Bit Of Sink Help...

I'm going to try one more thing. Get a decent plunger instead of this $4.99 toy. The most encouragement I've had all day was after plunging vigorously it started going down like gangbusters, but then stopped in a few seconds. I got so excited, but then...huh? It just stopped!? Heck, if it...
  11. sheellah

Well, if I would have known that from the beginning, I wouldn't have attempted it ;-). I thought I would just have to unscrew the trap and that was it. I'm about ready to wave the white flag. My little foray into plumbing is just about over, but I do hate to admit defeat. Not my nature. Hey, you...
  12. sheellah

OK, got a rotating snake, and figured out how to use it. It's hard working in a tight, cramped space trying to thread that into the pipe, hold the handle, and turn it at the same time. In hindsight, I think it would have been easier to clean my apartment ;-). Anyway, all I was able to pull out...
  13. sheellah

Thanks guys! OK, was able to get the snake down the sink but it didn't help much. I did pull out a large mat of hair wrapped around a small brush that had fallen down there, and I thought that it was the end of my problem but it's not ;-(. Drains even slower now...darn. Now my bathtub seems...
  14. sheellah

OK, still trying to fix my clogged sink. I got brave and removed the trap. The water drained fine into a bucket. Snaked it anyway up to the sink. The trap was clear. I realize I have a sewer snake instead of the crank kind, but I tried to snake the pipe that went into the wall. Was able to...
  15. sheellah

My schizo sink!

Thanks! I figured it wasn't clogged at the water went down OK at first. The clog must be further in the pipe where water goes down OK for a while until the pipe fills. They put my trap near the wall instead of under my sink. I have a 1/4" snake and it only goes down about 9". I can't get it...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks