Recent content by shanec

1. shanec

Media Tank Expansion and Copper Plumbing

Does direct copper plumbing to the water softener valve provide enough movement for media tank expansion? My plumber direct plumbed my Fleck 5810 with copper and said that is how he installs all of them. But, I was just reading the Fleck install manual and it says the following: When...
  2. shanec

Purchased 5600SXT - Should I Not Install It?

I am not trying to trash talk the softener, so I apologize if it came across that way. The reason I bought this valve was because of the great reviews and I like to be hands on instead of just buying a Culligan system that always requires professional repair. But, some people have recently...
  3. shanec

Yes, resin is already loaded in the tank. I have to be honest that I have no clue if there is gravel in the tank or not. If there is gravel, am I stuck with the 3/4" riser unless I get a new tank?
  4. shanec

Correct, right after that first branch shown. I have never noticed sediment, but I will admit that I haven't looked closely. I have noticed hard water deposits, which may be masking some of the sediment. I don't see the 2812 anywhere online. Did you mean the 5812? I did a quick search and...
  5. shanec

My main is 1.5" copper (overkill) and there is a branch for the outside irrigation system right after the water meter (shown in the picture below). I was planning to put in a three-valve bypass from the 1.5" copper right after the irrigation branch. The yoke for my 5600 has 1" attachments, but...
  6. shanec

I will admit that I didn't do significant research before finding an online retailer (Aplus Water) and purchasing the Fleck 5600 SXT 48,000 grain water softener. I read and watched a handful of online reviews and it seemed that everything about the unit was very positive. I was also optimistic...
  7. shanec

Best Way to Splice Water Off This Sink

I think I answered my own question. For those who come across this in the future, here are the likely parts needed. http://m.homedepot.com/p/Sioux-Chief-3-8-in-Brass-Compression-Nut-with-Insert-909-071001/100637874...
  8. shanec

Thank you very much! The one below looks exactly like what I need and it should be available at a local Home Depot. I guess I just didn't really know what to look for the first time...
  9. shanec

This may be a ridiculous question, but where do I find one of these? I looked at the local Home Depot with no luck. My searches online haven't returned what I need either. Most of these look like valves that would be used for a toilet and are stainless instead of brass. Am I just searching for...
  10. shanec

Would another, potentially easier, option be to use a 3/8" self-tapping saddle valve between A and B so I don't need to do any cutting or even shut off the water main to replace the angle stop valve?
  11. shanec

I finally got around to starting work on this project. I have run my 3/8" John Guest tubing and now I just need to connect everything together. My plumbing kit came with the 3/8" max adapter compression tee (shown below) that should fit perfectly. I disconnected the existing compression fitting...
  12. shanec

Draining into Sump Pit

I appreciate your patience and expertise as I try to wrap my head around all my options. Maybe my best bet is to continue to just manually dump the drip tray as I do today. The only downside is that I am dumping that in the kitchen sink, meaning that some of these very fine coffee grounds are...
  13. shanec

Draining into Sump Pit

I hate to ask another question on top of my last post, but I have been thinking about this all morning as I have been trying to think of venting solutions. Is a vent even necessary here from the pump? I know the Liberty 404/405 has a vent port, but I am dealing with water, coffee grounds and...
  14. shanec

Draining into Sump Pit

Thank you, everyone, for the recommendations. Unfortunately, I don't know if the drain pump option is going to work. I searched all last night and can't seem to find one that will support water temperatures up to 200 degrees. The Liberty 405 goes to 180 F, but I don't know if that is enough. I...
  15. shanec

Draining into Sump Pit

That is good to know. I guess I just have to hope the water doesn't get really gross in there while waiting so long before pumping. I suppose it would never hurt to do some extra flushing of clean water down the drain to trigger the pump once in a while. Are there maybe smaller pumps that...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks