Recent content by shane21

1. shane21

Sand/Sediment in well water

I agree with that and I can see now my previous responses were poorly worded. What I should have said was that I don't understand the argument against installing pumps as deep as the pump allows while still being a good fit for the system. The way I worded them originally insinuated that...
  2. shane21

Shallow well,low GPM

Yes I have seen quite a few of those, also have seen 4' runs of PVC on the suction side of the pumps that looked like pex tubing they were sagging so badly from the heat. The best PVC warp I ever saw was in a 110' well with the pump hanging at 80'. About a 10" section of the 2" Certa-Lok just...
  3. shane21

True but if they have to drop it that far then the pump was a poor technical fit for the well to begin with.
  4. shane21

Wow, how far off the road is your house? Maybe they are right and it did have something to do with the road crew.
  5. shane21

Placing the pump a set number of feet off the bottom of the well is correct, its just a question of how far you need to place it. I can't comment on all wells across the country but around here 5-10' is the norm unless you have a well that is a bad candidate for that (which is probably less...
  6. shane21

Hmm. I will never understand why installers don't just make it a habit to install the pump as deep as they safely can in the well, or at least deep enough to eliminate the worry of a callback from a client having an issue like yours - at least in cases where the pump is hanging on polyethylene...
  7. shane21

Hey Guys! Newbie here with a well ?

So they have a control box like a standard 3-wire motor? And that is included in the $130 price? I can't see any information regarding the control box in the amazon link you posted.
  8. shane21

Hopefully dropping it deeper in the well solves the issues long term and your aren't dealing a with a situation where you just dewater your formation when you use the sprinkler system! Did they provide any reason why they didn't install the pump deeper to begin with?
  9. shane21

Time to replace pressure tank?

One possible explanation for the cut-out pressure being higher on the gauge now that you have the proper amount of air pressure in the system is, depending which type of tank you have, when the diaphragm is low on air is moves farther toward the top of the tank than intended. Some tanks have a...
  10. shane21

Is 5 gpm sufficient to support 20-acre ranch and home with irrigation for pastures?

The average person uses about 60 gallons per day (GPD) of water, but that number can vary by more than 50% depending on circumstances. I have metered systems for people who have very low production systems and seen them get that average down to under 40 GPD but to do it they are ever conscious...
  11. shane21

I wonder how well they hold up? For $130 I may buy one just to beat the hell out of it and see how it well it responds. Thanks to both of you for the information.
  12. shane21

Shallow well,low GPM

Okay so there isn't a 1 GPM minimum flow rate for the Goulds jet pump we are discussing in this thread. Sorry, your post was a bit confusing as I thought you were implying the Goulds J and JS+ series pumps had a 1 GPM minimum flow rate which would have been news to me since I had never seen...
  13. shane21

Dang I need to relocate to your area of the country or start buying pumps where you get them! We charge $150 to perform a 45 minute flow test on well with our test pump as long as it's less than 80' deep and there is adequate 115V power within 100' of the well.
  14. shane21

Shallow well,low GPM

Hmm, I will need to get out my technical specs on the Goulds JS+ line to check into that. I have never seen that referenced anywhere that I can remember but it's very possible I have overlooked it. Thanks for the heads up!
  15. shane21

Time to replace pressure tank?

If you check the air pressure again in a few months and some air has leaked out you have the option to add air again. A tank that leaks a few pounds a year and needs air added once or twice a year isn't a major issue as long as you don't mind the minimal work to add the air. You can do that as...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks