Recent content by shamrock_94

1. shamrock_94

horizontal wet vent

You right it is a tub. I know the issue with the tub, since the trap in ecased in concrete, I can't get to the trap. (was still on the fence about installing a tub anyway) But what is the issue with the toliet? The trap for a toliet in in the toliet, right? also, if the 2" for the sink is...
  2. shamrock_94

horizontal wet vent

I have attached a few pics to help explain. In the 2nd you can see the three fixtures: Shower in upper right ,WC in middle and lav on the left. In 1st (taken 180 degrees from pic1a) The drain on the right is the drain from the 1/2 bath above. What is the 3.25 thinwall pvc pipe on the left...
  3. shamrock_94

horizontal wet vent

When our house was built a 3 pc rough in plumbing was completed in the basement. I have stubs for a WC, tub, and vanity. 5-6 feet away from the closest fixture is a 3" pvc pipe rising out of the concrete that is not a drain for the plumbing above. is this the vent for all three pieces? Can...
  4. shamrock_94

Basement Rough In

Tub roughin HJ, Perhaps I'm missing something. The drains I see on most tubs have to be 7-10 off the rough wall. Am I looking at this the right way? Is stub out of the concrete the drain for the tub, or the overflow (with the drain shoe further to the left buried in the concrete)? See the...
  5. shamrock_94

Basement Rough In

rough in Greg, #1 as far as the P-Trap being buried....???? I haven't popped the cap on the pipe and checked. I'll look into it and let post. Pipe layout. Unfortunately, I don't have a photo or the layout. I'm currently checking with the builder, and the township to see if they have...
  6. shamrock_94

Basement Rough In

I'm starting to consider finishing my basement, which includes a full bath that was roughed in by the builder. In looking at what was done it appears that the tub was set way to close to the staircase. See the pics below. Am I missing something, or was an error made? If so any ideas for...
  7. shamrock_94

Pipe clearance

In installing a 2nd water meter (for outside use), and running new pipe I have one point where the pipes from the two meters touch. Is this an issue, and is there a minimun distance that pipes need to be spaced. Both lines are cold water.
  8. shamrock_94

sweating near main shut off

If I do have to sweat the elbow off, any tips/tricks to prevent the soldered joint on the other end of the valve from coming loose?
  9. shamrock_94

I agree that I shouldn't remove more than what is necessary, but per the township's instructions the 2nd meter needs to be branched off the main supply. per this: http://twp-superior.org/departments/sprinklingmeterA.pdf As far as leaving the elbow on, I dont see how that is possible...
  10. shamrock_94

I am going to be installing a 2nd water meter, and I am presented with a problem. My current plumbing setup - 3/4" incoming service to a brass shutoff a copper elbow from the shutoff to the water meter. In order to add a Tee for the 2nd meter I need to sweat off the old elbow to the...
  11. shamrock_94

2nd sprinkler meter

I'm doing some work to install a 2nd water meter for my outside watering (underground irrigation & hose bibs). The incoming service line is 3/4", the line to the underground irrigation is 1", and the hose bibs are 1/2". I imagine I will connect the service line with the sprinkler line (3/4"x1"...
  12. shamrock_94

Mortar under swanstone showerpan

I'm installing a new shower pan, and from reading these boards, I can see that most recommend bedding the pan in a mortar base. I see that most like the method that calls for a few piles of mortar and pressing the tub/pan into the piles. My question is specifically with the swanstone pan I'm...
  13. shamrock_94

P-trap angle question

I'm installing a new drain for my shower, and I'm having some trouble working the drain pipe around some joists to the horizontal pipe leading to the main waste line. I have 2 questions. #1 how far can the outlet portion of a p trap be rotated? See image below #1 is the nomal installation...
  14. shamrock_94

Cutting swanstone

Does anyone have an experience installing shower walls with this material? In order to install the walls, I need to cut a hole for the shower valve. Would a RotoZip carbide bit be acceptable to use? I plan on using the RotoZip with a circle guide to cut my hole.
  15. shamrock_94

compression shutoffs

I am currently in the process of remodeling a bathroom and this includes a new mixing valve and showerhead. Currently I have installed compression (ball valve) shutoffs on the supply lines, to allow the rest of the house to have water while I work on other issues. My question is when...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks