Recent content by shall

1. shall

Mixet shower valve removal

Mixet Shower Valve Replacement That is exactly what we are involved in right now. I am having the wall behind the shower stall (drywall) cut out for access. The "PRO" Plumbing Contractor will replace the old MIXET with a new pressure regulated valve. I am on my way to the supply house to buy...
  2. shall

NORITZ Tankless Heater--water temp fluctuation

Noritz Tankless temp fluctuation. Yes I have learned a lot since I started this project. Little did I know how complex plumbing could be. A storage tank evidentally covers up a lot of possible sins in piping, sizing and fixture selection. Fine tuning is the understatement of the day. I will...
  3. shall

NORITZ Tankless temp fluctuations Well----did a lot of testing and other work over the 3 day weekend. Replaced the cartridge in the MIXET and tried a new shower head in the 2nd shoower. I find the 2nd shower works better than the MIXET one so there has to be some undesired temp variations...
  4. shall

NORITZ TANKLESS temp flucuation Well--Sure have some ideas and things to check now. I will be busy setting up some tests and checking temps and flow. I did install this heater myself but with the advise and consent of a licensed contractor who has installed quite a few systems and has...
  5. shall

NORITZ Tankless The NORITZ system has an internal temperature monitoring setup that can be accessed with the control panel. When we went through the check program we could see that the water temp at the input was 58 degree steady. The output also remained constant within a few tenths. So at...
  6. shall

NORITZ N069M TANKLESS Natural GAS WATER HEATER We installed a NORITZ IN March of 2007. We have had water temp fluctuation ever since. We have had several opinions on cause of problem to no satisfaction. First we reran 3/4 line direct to gas supply about 5'. Second we contacted PGE and...
  7. shall

Mixette Shower Control- low flow

OK___ that sounds really good. I will pull the cartridge out and check the operation and re-install. Good to know that there is a replacement available. Thank you for the response and possible solution. Stan
  8. shall

Please click one of the Quick Reply icons in the posts above to activate Quick Reply.
  9. shall

Mixette Valve -low flow :o Thank you Much. I forgot to say that I removed the shower head and then removed the low flow screen so there should be no restriction to the water. I am thinking that I didn't do something correctly when I replaced the valve cartridge. Stan
  10. shall

I replaced the old Mixette valve with a new Mixette control a few months ago. There doesn't seem to be as much water flow when full open as there used to be. Is this the valve or what? Don't really want to tear out the wall again so maybe aother new valve? Stan:confused:
  11. shall

Tankless Water Heater

The Noritz that we installed is the 069-M for medium to heavy residential use. Since there is usually only two of us it seemed that the 6.9 gal average with a 45 degree temp rise that this should work for us. So far it has done ok but I am a little discouraged about hte length of time it...
  12. shall

Water conditioner or softener?

Water conditiioner or softener? Thank you for the responses, Suspicions confirmed---magnetics don't cost anything to operate so I guess you could not expect them to do anything. Always want something for nothing and I guess this is one of those situations where if it sounds too good to bre...
  13. shall

Tankless Water Heater

Thank you for the response to my dilema. I did go ahead and made the 3/4 line hook up. The spec didn't really say that it had to be 3/4 but could not meet the gas volume spec maximum with out it. Maybe the minimum would have been ok but don't know how that would affect the performance. All...
  14. shall

Water conditioner or softener?

We have just installed a jacuzzi tub with air blower. Our water, here in the Sacramento, CA Valley is hard and leaves lots of scaling deposits every where. Has any one had experience with magnetic wave water conditioners? I read that the magnetic field will do something to the water...
  15. shall

Tankless Water Heater

Specs show that gas volume is 25k min to 199k max. So I thought that I would have a range but the length of 1/2 pipe looks like it delivers less than half the 3/4 line. Was not sure about the availability of the T with unused port. All painted grey so not sure to whom it belongs. Me or the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks