Recent content by Shadrach

1. Shadrach

trapped snake head

I don't know what happened to the snake; I couldn't find it. Once I cleaned out the gunk by repeatedly pouring in water and vacuuming it out, I found a pile of lead drips blocking the pipe. After removing the stub of steel pipe I found that no oakum had been packed around the pipe before the...
  2. Shadrach

trapped snake head

I sincerely hope the snake didn't auger into the ground. The idea of sawing the cement really helps. If the cast iron needs to be replaced at least I can dig it out a bit and save a little on the plumber bill. Working with cast iron is totally out of my league.
  3. Shadrach

trapped snake head

My kitchen sink on the ground floor drains into a 2" steel pipe that goes out the roof and joins a cast iron drain pipe at the basement floor. Approximately 34 years ago, I had a rooter guy cleaning out my kitchen drain. He used a snake and could not get it past the elbow of the cast iron pipe...
  4. Shadrach

trapped snake head

I have a snake head trapped at an elbow in a cast iron drain pipe where it is joined by a 2" vertical steel drain pipe/vent. I am advised to have the basement floor jackhammered and the pipe replaced. I propose to cut the steel pipe 6" above the floor, drain the water and take out an 18"...
  5. Shadrach

help with Norris toilet

Thank you for your help. I guess there's no way to avoid biting the bullet and pulling the toilet. At least I now have some things to look for. By the way, the toilet in the picture isn't mine; it's the same model. The pic was added by another moderator.
  6. Shadrach

help with Norris toilet

Is it even possible to snake it? Are the bends too sharp? Is it possible to be mounted enough off center to clog but not off center enough to leak? The toilet appears to be in good shape; no cracks, chips etc. and I don't have the money for a new toilet at the moment, but I am tired of...
  7. Shadrach

help with Norris toilet

I'm trying to snake a 1970's Norris front trap toilet without any luck. The snake seems to go up over the trap and snags on the down side. It doesn't bring anything back but seems to hit a porcelain wall. I don't know the internal shape of the trap or what it could be hanging up on. I never had...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks