Recent content by ShadowAviator

1. ShadowAviator

New Shower Questions

Understood, thanks.
  2. ShadowAviator

New Shower Questions

Thanks for the replies. Well I think I will for sure put backing in and snap a picture. I think I will plan on putting in grab bars. I had a group of calves back into the panel I was using to push them towards the trailer, yesterday. I wasn't quick enough and the panel flexed back and hit...
  3. ShadowAviator

New Shower Questions

Finally got my Onyx shower base picked up the other day, so I am starting to get ready to start on the shower install. I have the typical 12" square hole in the concrete for rough-in. I will get the trap and related PVC pipe all connected, but once that is done, I will need to fill the hole in...
  4. ShadowAviator

Connector for romex to PVC box

I am not a licensed electrician, but maybe I could help point you in the right direction. First, you may need THWN instead of THHN for a wet location. Maybe thats what you meant. Second, I am not sure if you can run romex into a w/p box outdoors even if it comes in from the back. I think...
  5. ShadowAviator

No way to do PEX to tub spout?

I had a longer reply typed out, but maybe its best to just end the discussion here. Again, I am not recommending anyone should use pex to go to the tub spout. If I needed to do it myself, I also would not use pex, but rather probably brass. The point I just wanted to discuss is that as long...
  6. ShadowAviator

I wondered about the sturdiness, too. If you used those elbows that you screw to some sort of blocking, would that hold the spout rigid enough? I would want to use something like that even with copper or brass. I could see people using the spout as a foot rest or something. Anything...
  7. ShadowAviator

Oh come on Terry, you know me better than that. I don't want to trick anyone. I think copper or brass is the way I would do it. My question was not to convince people to use pex; it was to help me understand. (I am no plumber so I am assuming my thinking is not correct) My thought was that...
  8. ShadowAviator

I understand that PEX is not recommended due to the smaller ID when going to the tub spout. Depending on the pressure this can push water up to shower head, plus just a lower flow rate to the tub in general. I have seen where some people have suggested using 3/4 PEX to the tub spout. I...
  9. ShadowAviator

GFCI for light circuit in wet location

I plan to use GFCI where needed. I am not sure what to think about AFCI. I know alot of electricians don't like them. They seem to argue about it alot over on the mikeholt forums.
  10. ShadowAviator

Sounds like I can go ahead and just install according to manufacturer then. If it calls for GFCI protection, I will just go with a GFCI breaker. jadnashua, I agree, its not like there is a bulb or anything for someone to mess with. The led puck can be disconnected from the box where the...
  11. ShadowAviator

Currently putting the lighting circuit in for my bathroom. (15 amp, separated from bathroom outlet circuit, lighting circuit is dedicated to bathroom) I was thinking of having a light over the shower (8ft ceiling). The light I would go with is one of those Lithonia wafer LEDs (WF4). The...
  12. ShadowAviator

Can all brass full port ball valves be used for hot water?

From what little I know, I would try to find a brass valve made out of C69300 (ecobrass). I believe thats what Uponor uses for their brass fittings.
  13. ShadowAviator

Primer only (no cement) on a 52psi system

I would assume in arizona, that water is pretty valuable. I wouldn't want the chance for losing water to a leak. While there are some building codes that I may not feel are needed, cementing pvc is pretty important. I am no expert but this is my understanding. Primer is mostly for cleaning...
  14. ShadowAviator

Main line re-routed near electrical panel

I believe the codes on this are rather specific. Something like 6ft above panel or to the structural ceiling. There is a specific area. The panel also needs to be accessible. Don't assume anything on this. A main water line and a main electrical panel are not easy to move, so make sure...
  15. ShadowAviator

Main line re-routed near electrical panel

Could you clarify a little bit? Is the main line a water supply line? Drain? If I recall correctly, there can be some limitations around an electric panel. I believe California has some different codes than other places, so the best way to find out what to do may be to ask your local inspector.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks