Recent content by Shad

1. Shad

Pressure loss

Install this yesterday. My water pressure at the house is now 60psi. When the shower is on will drop to 50psi. Other than that I have constant pressure.
  2. Shad

Pressure loss

I can move anything but ideally I don’t want to run new waterline or electrical. I would like to just replace the pump. I have a pk1a with a 10 gallon tank and a 60/80 pressure switch in the mail. Just seeing What pump to get. I need to make a dissicion because the one I got has stopped...
  3. Shad

Pressure loss

Ok then I will go with that pump.
  4. Shad

Pressure loss

Already ran. Just trying to replace the pump I have.
  5. Shad

Pressure loss

It is a two story house 300ft from the pump 50ft up a hill with a 1” supply line.
  6. Shad

Pressure loss

Measures the pressure before the pump it is 29 psi. What are your recommendations for a pump. The one I have now measured 67psi at the house when it finally kicks on.
  7. Shad

Pressure loss

ok Canceled the pump order, still getting the pk1a. Will see if I can get the city pressure tomorrow.
  8. Shad

Pressure loss

I am boosting city water. I ordered a 1 1/2hp gourd j15s and a pk1a with a pressure switch 60/80.
  9. Shad

Pressure loss

Someone told me I will burn up my pump with a 1” supply line going 300’ and 50’ uphill. I should increase my supply line to 1-1/4” to 2’’. Is there any true to that? if so what size line and would a 1 hp pump still work?
  10. Shad

Pressure loss

Someone told me I will burn up my pump with a 1” supply line going 300’ and 50’ uphill. I should increase my supply line to 1-1/4” to 2’’. Is they any true to that? if so what size and would a 1 hp pump still work?
  11. Shad

Pressure loss

I more the capable of doing this myself. It is never a waste of time trying something new. If you fail or succeed you still learn something. I would hate to be the guy that always has to call someone because I am afraid to try. If they can do it I can do it.
  12. Shad

Pressure loss

Thanks everyone for you time and answers. I suspected that it was the pump, but wanted to make sure.
  13. Shad

Pressure loss

Top of the hill. The pump box is in the bottom corner of the driveway. Don’t know why it rotated the pic sideway. close up of the pump box. The boost pump
  14. Shad

Pressure loss

There is no pressure tank that I can see and the pressure switch is down by the pump. I am assuming the head pressure from the hill causes the delay in the switch knowing the pressure drop. Will look at the switch today to see if I can turn it up.
  15. Shad

Pressure loss

I live on top of a hill and my water pump is at the lower street level by the city water line. When we use our water the pressure will drop and the water will stop running for a minute until the pump turns on. Once the pump turns on we have full water pressure. How can I get the pump to start...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks