Recent content by sgm50

1. sgm50

On Demand Hot Water?

Well, my two cents... I would suggest, as someone else did, a recirculator. I call it Instant Hot. I put one in myself for about $170. It has a valve at the furthest point from the HWH (I easily exceed 50') and and I have hot water as near instant as possible. In fact, my town allows for a...
  2. sgm50

Is it the Dishwasher?

Crazy I have really come to the conclusion that it has to do with the detergent disolving or not. ...and that seems to be directly related to the water temp, the detergent and the water hardness and a combination of all three factors. With my new DW, I have been using the hottest and most...
  3. sgm50

Finding a valve box

Finding PVC Runs Along the same line of thought, is there a good method to "discover" and map out the irrigation system. I bought a house and therefore inherited an irrigation system that has obviously been patched a time or two. I'd like to be able to identify the PVC and zones beyond just...
  4. sgm50

Is it the Dishwasher?

Would you notice it in other hot water uses ie bath, shower etc...?
  5. sgm50

Is it the Dishwasher?

Water hardness table Found this on-line. If I had 250ppm, according to the chart I'm at "Slightly hard". Is that right? ++++++++++++++ DEGREE OF HARDNESS EXPRESION. SOFT: LESS THAN 1,6 mmol/l = 160 PPM = 9 odH SLIGHTLY HARD: 1,6-3,2 mmol/l = 160-320 PPM = 9-18 odH HARD: 3,2-4,6...
  6. sgm50

Is it the Dishwasher?

Yeah, I had the same thought about the pressure, once it fills to a point it is on its own. May take a litle longer to fill, but so what? Right? Detergent - Good thought there too. We have done a lot of detergent as recommended when you have hard water. And we also have gone the route of a...
  7. sgm50

Is it the Dishwasher?

Back to the Dishwasher Problems! OK, Since I last wrote about an old dishwasher that left residue on my dishes, I have broken down and put in a Brand New Consumer Reports recommended Dishwasher. This thing has all the features that have been mentioned in this thread; water clarity sensor...
  8. sgm50

Main Water Valve to House

Thanks Gary and all who responded. I'll be putting in the ball valve and checking pressure this weekend. I wouldn't think of touching anything before the meter. Expansion tanks etc... are more than I ever want to get involved in. That is the point where I bring in a Pro. A handle to shut off...
  9. sgm50

Hate to keep thinking of questions regarding this topic, but I've got another one. Does it also make sense to put in a pressure regulator after the shut-off valve? I do suspect I have high pressure. What is an ideal pressure for a 3000 sq ft home ? Re: valve on street-side of meter. I'm...
  10. sgm50

Hey thanks for the replies. Yeah, I did tighten the bonnet nut and it did slow the leak. Emphasis on "slow" the leak. I may have over-tightened it. As I was tightening it, it all of a sudden got looser. I left it alone at that point afraid it may have stripped or something. It did, however...
  11. sgm50

Hi, Did some plumbing repairs this weekend and had to turn off the main supply line into the house. Of course, the old cut-off valve hasn't been turned in sometime and things at rest like to stay that way and now I have a little drip/leak at the valve. I'm looking to replace it. Any...
  12. sgm50

HELP - My Shower Water Temp & Pressure....

Getting back to the symptoms Hello, I have very similar symptoms to those posted originally. However, I don't have a pressure balancing valve. I have cold knob, hot knob and only a shower head. My problem is more centered around water pressure. Basically, I have no pressure. Every other...
  13. sgm50

Shower squeal

Same problem in faucet I have the same issue (I think) with my faucet. I'm not sure if it works the same way because there's no diverter etc... Anyway, my bathroom faucet makes the same squeal when only the cold water is turned on. Also, it squeals only at a certain amount of pressure. In...
  14. sgm50

Is it the Dishwasher?

Well said! Now that my wife is involved, I'm sure I'll be sporting a brand new DW very soon. Not exactly my idea of a fun purchase, but at least I now know some of the features to look for. Thanks everyone for your thoughts. (I'm still gonna work on the current DW 'til she finally breaks!)
  15. sgm50

Is it the Dishwasher?

Well, I'm starting to think we are on to something. The water temp was lower than I expected. I'm gonna turn it up and see. I have to think this is very common. Most people set their HWH to 120F for energy reasons right? This implies a new machine isn't gonna make a difference, unless it...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks