Recent content by seanmathes

1. seanmathes

How to plumb moen vertical spa

Bump for help. I can't get this soldering thing figured out. I just can't get the solder to suck into the brass shower valve. The solder will begin to melt but it won't suck it in. I know it's hot enough as I can melt the solder when I touch it to the brass. I pull the fittings out after I...
  2. seanmathes

Yes this will be a kerdi shower should have mentioned that before. :) Is it really that critical to mock up all of that for a differential of perhaps a 1/4" in thickness? I am weeks away from tiling probably and haven't picked out any tile. Won't there be that much adjustment just in the threads...
  3. seanmathes

Got it! But there is no finished wall? I know I need to add 1/2" for the drywall but what about for the thin set and tile? Will I have some wiggle room or does it have to be right on?"
  4. seanmathes

Here is the install book if anyone would like to take a look. Another question- I haven't received the body jets yet, but in the diagram it shows two supply lines going to each bodyjet. Is there two sweat inputs or what I'm thinking is that there is just one and you solder a tee into it to...
  5. seanmathes

Guys- I am installing a moen 3330 3 function valve as well as a moen 243 trim kit. This is the one with four body jets. The instructions are horrendous. My question are: Can you provide any advice as to how to actually mount the valve to the wall. I am assuming a 2x4 or 1x4 directly to the...
  6. seanmathes

Please Help Me With Shower Plumbing

Terry, thank you for the reply, but the 3" stack is a wet vent if I am understanding wet vent properly. The 2" horizontal pipe runs from the tub and shower to the 3" pipe. The 3" tee goes down and up. The pipe that goes up is the vent I assume and the one that goes down goes to the sewer. If I...
  7. seanmathes

BUMP for more info and advice please
  8. seanmathes

To the left of the Y is the bathtub drain.
  9. seanmathes

Here is a better picture where you can see the stack.
  10. seanmathes

To the right it goes to the stack or the wet vent, I believe that's the right terminology. This is a 3" stack with a pipe going up and one going down to the sewer I think. To the left is the trap and drain for the tub. In the picture you can see the drain and trap for the shower.
  11. seanmathes

Wow, that was fast! Sorry I was editing the post to add more and you already replied. :)
  12. seanmathes

A guy over at the John Bridge tile forum suggested I come over here for some help. I am in the process of building a shower. I recently put in the plumbing and a few of the guys over there are telling me that I have an issue with the horizontal wye. I am pretty sure what I have is a wet vent...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks