Recent content by seamonkeys1

1. seamonkeys1

Sizing a Water Softener

What happen with a smaller tank on a softener 12X48 vs. the 12X52? I understand it will have less free space, but what does less free space cause for problems?
  2. seamonkeys1

Sizing a Water Softener

So it would be 2 cubic feet of GAC and regenerate after so many gallons with a fleck 7000 sxt head?
  3. seamonkeys1

Sizing a Water Softener

I was looking at 10% crosslink resin imported for Ohio Pure Water. Don’t know if it is any good. I have a RO unit for drinking water, but how do you remove chlorine from the water for the whole house? So my capacity should be 36,000 so regeneration would happen every 11 to 12 days using 4...
  4. seamonkeys1

Sizing a Water Softener

I have been looking at a 2 cubic foot water softener. If I use 2 pounds per cubic I would have a capacity of 23,000 / (18 X 160) = 8 Day. Would this be what your guys recommend for my environment? My flow rate is 15 gpm.
  5. seamonkeys1

Sizing a Water Softener

forgot I have .1 mg/l of iron.
  6. seamonkeys1

Sizing a Water Softener

Need help sizing a softener for my house. The water is from the City and has 12-18 gpg with an average of 15. Two people live in the house and we average 160 gallons per day when going off of the bill. What size of softener would you guys recommend. I would like to use 6 or 8 pounds per cubic...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks