Recent content by SDmarkus

1. SDmarkus

Viability of old floor furnace

Good point, although at this point I wouldn't mind torching the place!;) The exhaust is vented down and out through a nearby closet where it rises and penetrates the roof. Better safe than sorry, I'll explore other options. Thanks Dana!
  2. SDmarkus

Viability of old floor furnace

Greetings! Wanted to get your opinion on this old floor furnace in a home I'll be remodeling this winter. I'll have a FAU in place at some point but need something to keep the pipes from freezing in the meantime: Sears Floor Furnace Model # 138-73743 Serial # FH769988 Thoughts? Many thanks...
  3. SDmarkus

Seeking advice on used jacuzzi tub for new bathroom

Howdy All, My plumber has offered me a free whirlpool bath for our master bed/bath project. Only problem is the pump is missing and there is at least one pvc line that will need to be replaced. Anyone heard of TUB BUFFERS before? Model #6121PUUFAS000... How do I go about getting a new pump...
  4. SDmarkus

Old Payne furnace advice

Hope everyone had a great holiday weekend. Thank you for all the great information and advice. I'm sure I'll have more questions as I begin to research options moving forward. Just need to figure out if I can tear this thing out before our appraisal without shooting myself in the foot:eek:
  5. SDmarkus

Old Payne furnace advice

The serial number should be DGGB 32441 with an input of 80.000 BTU/HR and 64,000 BTU/HR capacity. Zip code is 92107, we just bought the house in October and haven't used the furnace, so no good data there unfortunately. The challenge is that I need something in place for a home appraisal...
  6. SDmarkus

Old Payne furnace advice

Dana, thank you for the wealth of information. The air handler concept sounds very interesting and something I'll definitely research further. Jimbo, would the model number(800019A) tell you anything? Here's an image of inside the cover, not looking too good eh?!
  7. SDmarkus

Old Payne furnace advice

Not sure this image does it justice, but I have this monstrosity of what seems to be a very old Payne furnace in my garage. Any idea where I might find the model number and some additional information on this beast? Trying to decide if this unit is salvageable or needs to be removed in...
  8. SDmarkus

Plumbing for new gray water washer/dryer

Thanks for the info gentlemen, I may shelf the grey water option for now but I think you'll be seeing much more of this in the future.
  9. SDmarkus

The man himself...thank you Terry. I have the option of going the sewer route and/or installing a diverter if necessary. My main question is in regards to the supply lines and the best place to potentially tap into the existing plumbing in the garage.
  10. SDmarkus

Wow, did I take a wrong turn somewhere? Just trying to wrap my head around the project to determine if this is something I'm capable of. I'd like to think I'm pretty handy...:o
  11. SDmarkus

I'll be waitin' for 'em Jimbo...with one in the chamber:D I was under the impression it was legit: http://www.oasisdesign.net/greywater/law/california/index.htm
  12. SDmarkus

Greetings! Would like to install new washer in garage where there has never been one. The water heater is also located in the garage, which I recently replaced, so feel pretty good about roughing in the new plumbing for the washer. Where would be the best place to tie-in the supply...
  13. SDmarkus

A few questions before I get started on my Kerdi Shower

Thanks for the replies gentlemen. I'll run the numbers again to make sure I'm good for ceramic tile. The unfaced insulation should work well and I will research the kerdi/drywall combo a bit more. Time to get 'er done!!!
  14. SDmarkus

Thanks for the info Jim, i'll run the numbers again but pretty sure I'm good for ceramic tile. The subfloor is already back down and I think it's going to work out pretty well. I've got the Kerdi pan, finally starting to take shape:cool:
  15. SDmarkus

Man, I love these sites...what a wealth of information I have received from all of you already-thank you!!! Cut out our old cast iron tub and have pretty much everything down to the studs in the bathroom. Putting in a Kerdi shower with tile surround and floor. Used 3/4" treated T&G ply...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks